What is the exact purpose of a Power Commander?

eber820

Registered
What is the purpose of a power commander? and what is the difference between power commander III,IV,V, ect..

They give you the ability to make tuning changes on the fuel settings for perfomance and modifications.

PC III: Uses a 9V battery to make changes when the bike is off. About the size of large bar of soap. Comes in USB and Serial (no longer produced) configurations.
PCV: Gets power from the USB port for making changes. A little bit smaller than the PC III, and has the PC hub built into it.

I have a 08 busa with full yosh r77 pcIII I seen where it said the new pcv is only for 09 bikes!! isn't the 08 and 09 the same bike?

something to spend money on-don't need it but might want it-if i add stuff i have a pro remap it at shop-but alot of people have them----

They give you the ability to make tuning changes on the fuel settings for perfomance and modifications.

PC III: Uses a 9V battery to make changes when the bike is off. About the size of large bar of soap. Comes in USB and Serial (no longer produced) configurations.
PCV: Gets power from the USB port for making changes. A little bit smaller than the PC III, and has the PC hub built into it.

+1 tru says it again. in addition, they also, allow u to change the red-line, and spark timing.

1+ They give you the ability to make tuning changes on the fuel settings for perfomance and modifications.

I was told the PCV is only for 08 and newer. Is that correct or can you get one for an 07?

We simply use the TEKA Box to tune the ECU. Works like a dream and Cheap! Our race bikes are all TEKA Box tuned and they perform just as well as the few that run PC's.

Since 1999, you can install either the PC3/5 w/bung]. The telemetry is the same. So, if an '06 was the year, then yes, it is fuel injected and use the same injector wires.

Now if they are an 8 injector with a 4 wire PC, then no, I do not think you will have the lower or upper working if you use one set of wires one either 4 injectors. Meaning, you will jet the lower rpm with the injectors in the throttle body. But say the top end injectors are on the air cleaner area or at the top of the throttle body, then you could set those 4 wires and wait for the mid to WOT to change transition from low to high. Something like that might work I do believe.

Back