What is kawa trying to prove ?

hionbusa

Registered
Looks like everytime I tune in to speed channel , its the zx-14 commercial .
I saw 3 huge zx-14 billboards here in san diego .

I went to fun bike center to throw leg over a zx-14. The only positive thing I have to say are :
It does feel lighter moving it from side to side
the brakes feel a lot firmer then the busa .

the rest. Refer to my foreman post
biggrin.gif

I figure the RF-14 is sort of like Britney Spears; what she lacks in talent and looks, she makes up for in marketing. So, through over exposure and peer pressure from the uneducated world, The Kows are hoping that he will succomb to the media blitz and figure that the 14 must be all that and a bag of chips. Don't get me wrong, Britney used to look okay and she could sing, but she was never the goddess that the media would have you believe, I am guessing, that neither is the 14.

Just offering up my wooden nickle...

The advantage the Hayabusa has in terms of sales is that it sells itself. The ZX-14 needs marketing in order to score a buck. Of course that means many buyers of the 14 are buying into hype ... nothing else.

From the 14 commercial:
The most powerful streetbike ever made.

Your typical squidboy will hear that and run to their nearest Kwaq dealer.

Of course some will say the Busa's Top Speed crown is what sells it, but when was the last time you saw a Busa commercial or a Busa ad in a magazine? The Busa doesn't need hype ... it has proof!

Did I hear you say Britney Spears could sing?? Good lord man, you musical exposure sure must be limited
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyhow, why keep knocking the zx14 or making statement like the only people that are convinced are uneducated and marginal in some sense. It's just a bike for gawds sake, and as every article has attested to, a bloomin' good one.

It's okay if it's not your cop of tea, I dont get why we (in the collective) have got to slam what isnt ours. I could understand it if your lastname was 'suzuki', or if you are a share holder but c'mon. At any rate Suzuki will offer a response near the end of the year if reports prove right. Just congratulate kawa on a pretty nicely done bike, the aftermarket will take care of the grilles
tounge.gif
and just dont buy one if you dont like it.

All the same, it's not a crap bike, it's rather well thought out and executed truth be told. If its a crap bike then I'm mistaken and Britney Spears really does has a wonderful voice behind all the blonde and glitter. I like her girly bits btw
laugh.gif
 so I'm not a hater!

<!--EDIT|RudeBwoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145828836 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Did I hear you say Britney Spears could sing?? Good lord man, you musical exposure sure must be limited
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyhow, why keep knocking the zx14 or making statement like the only people that are convinced are uneducated and marginal in some sense. It's just a bike for gawds sake, and as every article has attested to, a bloomin' good one.

It's okay if it's not your cop of tea, I dont get why we (in the collective) have got to slam what isnt ours. I could understand it if your lastname was 'suzuki', or if you are a share holder but c'mon. At any rate Suzuki will offer a response near the end of the year if reports prove right. Just congratulate kawa on a pretty nicely done bike, the aftermarket will take care of the grilles
tounge.gif

All the same, it's not a crap bike, it's rather well thought out and executed truth be told. If its a crap bike then I'm mistaken and Britney Spears really does has a wonderful voice behind all the blonde and glitter. I like her girly bits btw
laugh.gif
 so I'm not a hater!
To make that speach shorter in my words........I'd ride Britney .......but I wouldn't ride a ZX-14 !
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

i dont think kawa is tryin to prove anything i think they are doing what any company would do to make money.
the busa has been selling strong for years...why wouldnt a company try to do the same to make some of that money, remember imitation is the highest form of flattery...
i think kawa will sell there zx-14 very well, it gives ppl who arent hardcore zuk fans an option to compete with the strongest running bike out there.

They need to make all their own bikes and then come knocking on the door of the busa. Wasnt Kawi going bankrupt and Suzuki stepped and helped them out by building thier dirtbikes and four wheelers. That would be a slap in the face to me if I was Suzuki. I considered the Kawi but it just doesnt have the stance of the the almighty busa. I rode an older kawi for about a year. It was a good bike but they need to market to the masses to get back on thier feet. The big bikes are not the ones that seel the most. To each his own. If you like, buy it. Just my 2 cents.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
 so I'm not a hater!
To make that speach shorter in my words........I'd ride Britney .......but I wouldn't ride a ZX-14 !  
tounge.gif
+1 (on the second part)

<!--EDIT|cmc8
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145838734 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

KHI wasnt going bankrupt, their business encompasses way more than just motorbikes, there was a brief period of technology and development sharing between the two companies for a spell which has since been disolved.

Y'all still bitchslappin' the 14 huh? Bikers having no respect for other bikers is disheartening. Ah well, I'll not beat my head against a wall..hell I dont own either..yet

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ON THE NEW BUSA YET ............ IM TRYING TO WAIT BECAUSE I WANT A NEW BUSA REALLY BAD ..... I HAVE A 02 BUSA AND WANT TO BUY A 06LE BUT CANT SEE THE POINT IF SUZUKIIS GONA CHANGE THEBIKE NEXT YEAR ......SO IF YOU HEAR OR READ SOMTHING ......DROP A FEW LINES I KNOW EVERYONE IS WAITING ALSO BUT THIS IS JUST MY 2 CENTS

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
 so I'm not a hater!
tounge.gif
I don't have much interest in riding a ZX14 and I don't think my wife has any interest in me riding Britney. So, I guess I'll just ride my 'Busa!
smile.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
 so I'm not a hater!
RudeBwoy,
Don't misunderstand what I am saying. When I refer to uneducated people, I mean those that have no interest in learning about their bikes or the options available; they will read an article and scream about how that is the bike for me! I am saying that I believe the all the 14 hype is focused on getting their foot in the door with the impulse buyers. I ain't knocking the 14, it's got some impressive numbers - but it ain't my cup of tea. You won't hear me knocking a guy (or girl) for riding one; a rider is a rider. I am just saying that in the speed war (just like in life) THERE IS A LOT OF PROPAGANDA. But, as was said, how many Suzuki ads for the Busa do you remember? Even back in 98/99?
The original question in the thread was asking about the media blitz for the 14 that is going on...that is what I responded to, not the bike itself (which I think is ugly, just my .02).

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back