What is a good price for an 05 w/ 3500 miles??

Falcon Wing

Registered
Hello,

Been a member for quite a while....but finally getting the urge again for a Busa.
I have been riding 1800 Goldwings for the last 7 years and just want to try something new. I recently bought an 08 Ninja 250 just to see if I cared for the riding position, and found that I got used to it pretty quickly. Now I am bored of a 250....although 65-70 mpg is nice.

So, I have found a mostly stock NR 05 Red/Black Busa w/ 3500 miles w/ and asking price of $7k which seems from the pictures and his description to be in very good condition w/ no damage. Only mod is Two Bros. M2 Carbon Fiber Exhaust w/Tip Diffusers.
Is this price reasonable? From my looking on e bay and craigslist, the prices for 05 seem all over the place...even for mostly stock.

Thanks for any advice. :beerchug:

I don't think it sounds to far out of line but it's not a steal either in my mind. Cooler months are upon us and I'm betting there will be some great buys out there if one can wait. As my boss used to tell me when I sold cars for a living, a good deal is nothing more than a state of mind. The condition and how the bike was cared for will play a big part in that decision. If it was rode sensibly and taken well care of and I planned to ride it a few years to get my money out of it I wouldn't be afraid of it. If you plan to ride it one season then resell I would look for something priced better. The exhaust helps as that can get into some $$ and is usually one of the first mods we all want to do. Just my two cents on it

Either way I'm sure if you like the 250 you will love the busa, welcome and enjoy!
:welcome:

Last edited:
Sold my 05 for 6000 even with 16K on it last November.

You can buy new Gen 1's for 9400 or so up here.

7000 would be my highest offer on that .

I gave $9400 for mine new last November too.
But amazingly enough, KBB shows the suggested retail for an 05 at $8050.
These things seem to hold their resale value very well.
At $7000, even though it sounds high, it looks like you'd be doing alright since it's in good condition and has practically no miles on it.
With maintainence, it should be good for another 60,000 miles at least.
Have fun, ride safe. Welcome to the Org.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyones response, very helpful information. Does the 05 have any inherent problems or recalls?

If you know how to ride one properly:thumbsup:yes I'm dead serious .

I have gotten as little as 1800 miles too. ( Great weekend riding. )

If you are not out there running the bike hard all the time 5-6,000 miles isn't out of the question. It all depends on how you ride it. If you are burning up a set of tires in 1800 miles it is because you are breaking the law. I'm not preaching. I've done it on my r1 too many times, but it is still true.

I got 9,000 miles out of the stock rear, it was down to threads in the center though by the time I changed it :whistle: I use mine as a daily commuter and don't run it hard. Mine lasted longer because most of the miles were in the twisty roads of Missouri and wore the tire more evenly. The tired was killed off quick in the middle down here in Florida. You can buy tires that have tougher centers such as Avons to get more miles.

If you are not out there running the bike hard all the time 5-6,000 miles isn't out of the question. It all depends on how you ride it. If you are burning up a set of tires in 1800 miles it is because you are breaking the law. I'm not preaching. I've done it on my r1 too many times, but it is still true.

Here is the equation Northen New England, Some hard riding, Dunlop 207's ( very weak tire ) = 1800 miles. :whistle::cheerleader::beerchug:

I got 9,000 miles out of the stock rear, it was down to threads in the center though by the time I changed it :whistle: I use mine as a daily commuter and don't run it hard. Mine lasted longer because most of the miles were in the twisty roads of Missouri and wore the tire more evenly.

Silly Missouri roads sure are fun, and wore my stock tires out pretty evenly too, in 2400 miles.

he's not joking....

My '05 has just over 12K on the clock and I'm halfway thru my 5th set of tires..

Oh...and no, I don't do burnouts.. well, not on purpose anyway..:whistle:

I'm right with you mjn... I have just over 11K on my 08' and will be putting my 6th set on in about another 1K or so...:laugh::beerchug:

05', 34,000, I get my life out of my tires...but you can't even goad me into smokin' the rears...near swap time okay, but until then..... :super: Excellent year, I hear it was the fastest years, and the red and black are the fastest anyway..... :oldcool:

Back