What does all this stuff do?

Jbeard1996

Registered
I recently bought a 1999 from the previous owner’s son. He sadly passed away in 2021.

I tore into the bike last week, it has been sitting for a few years, so I’m doing the usual maintenance stuff. New fluids, clean the fuel system, bleed the brakes, battery etc…

My question is, the previous owner installed quite a few aftermarket electrical mods that I’m not sure about. I’ve tried reaching out to his son for clarification, but he doesn’t know either. It was his dad’s bike & he said he never took much interest in it.

I’ve included a few pictures of the two electrical mods that I’m unsure about… to go along with these there’s also a power commander & Ivans retard eliminator, I know what those do, lol.

Anyone on here seen these before, or know what the switches & knob are for?

Thanks in advance!

32EFB6DA-9E8C-4EC8-9BC4-9BBCA086BB11.jpeg

EE93721B-6E3C-4246-BB91-7418DF53F7AF.jpeg

4DD64126-3926-4645-A93B-076B6D1466E4.jpeg

Welcome,

Sad to hear the previous owner has left us....but glad you are taking the time to get his bike up and running....

One is an AFR box....not sure how accurate those are.

The other is anyone's guess as they look to be home made.....could be for nitrous or just about anything...

If you have time, perhaps hop over to the new owners thread and include a few glamor shots of the bike and little about yourself...

Welcome,

Sad to hear the previous owner has left us....but glad you are taking the time to get his bike up and running....

One is an AFR box....not sure how accurate those are.

The other is anyone's guess as they look to be home made.....could be for nitrous or just about anything...

If you have time, perhaps hop over to the new owners thread and include a few glamor shots of the bike and little about yourself...
Thanks for your reply! I’ll definitely go start a thread over there

I happen to be reading this post in the presence of an Elect Geek. He says it looks like someone was 'prototyping something'; says the circuit board labeled Archer is from Radio Shack (back in the day for you youngsters); says the chip on the board labeled LM399 is a 'quad comparator', a 'decision-making chip' that can compare up to 4 values before sending a signal or something like that. Personally, I am clueless but The Geek says it would help if you could trace back the wiring, see where the board wiring goes.

Usually I say hope this helps but I doubt that phrase applies here ;)

Back