what do you guys think of this jacket?

I just picked up my Rocket Blaster 3.0 from new enough for 159 + shipping. Really nice jacket. Has underarm textile panels that zip out with mesh underneath for summer. And a zip out vest liner. It's in the Bargain Basement so I didn't see it right away.

Joe Rocket Blaster 3.0 Leather Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough, LTD

I've been debating this jacket for awhile now. Just worried about how much air those panels would allow in. (I only wear the leather in cool or cold weather) probably be great for warm-cool weather though. I'd like to hear your review on it after some cold weather riding to help me make a decision.:thumbsup:

I've been debating this jacket for awhile now. Just worried about how much air those panels would allow in. (I only wear the leather in cool or cold weather) probably be great for warm-cool weather though. I'd like to hear your review on it after some cold weather riding to help me make a decision.:thumbsup:

So far the coolest day with the jacket was in the 50's. Didn't notice any air moving by way of the textile panels. It's not like their getting blasted by air anyway. But with the vest installed and just a t-shirt I managed to sweat alittle. So far so good. But I really don't see myself out in 40 degree or less temps in the near future.

Well, I cant vouch for all of it...but I can definately say that the icon/element jeans I used as an example are one and the same. Matter of fact, the stitching on the icon pair is already coming apart if that tells you anything. ;) I'm guessing that jacket on leather up is the exact same as the powertrip one as well(just without the logo sewn on). Only thing is, in that case, you can get the powertrip version sheaper on newenough now that its on sale. Point is, you dont have to worry about the quality when buying the second line because its not a copy....its the EXACT SAME GARMENT. Made at the the same manufactureing facility by the same people, just with a different tag sewn in.
And about the exl stuff that the guy mentioned earlier....I have an exl leather"racing" jacket that I bought a LONG time ago and still use when its cool out. The stitching is holding up great and the leather is very good quality as are the pads in the elbows,back,and shoulders. Very well made jacket for under $100. But on the other hand, I also have an exl hemet that I bought for my wifes first helmet and its complete junk. Dont really know what relavance that holds but just thought I put it out there is case anyone was debating buying either. :thumbsup:

I've heard dozens of people knock Icon stuff for the stitching and for failed crash tests. IMO though, if the stuff protects the wearer then it's done a pretty good job regardless how it fares.

Back