what do you guys think of this jacket?

Looks pretty good but I have no experience with it. My only leather jacket now is this one and I love it! Their site says it comes with a full sleeve liner but it only comes with a vest liner. After contacting them and mentioning this error, they sent me the liner for free. Very warm jacket but w/o the liners, and the vents open, its not bad in the summer either. Priced just a bit more.

FIELDSHEER The Official Site

my favorite jacket to date is my jacket off of my gpx joe rocket suit...that thing is mad comfortable!

Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 Leather Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough, LTD

i've currently got one that has a collar on it(i'm a converted cruiser guy. lol) and it drives me crazy while trying to look over my shoulders.

looking to get a good jacket for winter time riding and found this one.
I've had this jacket for few years and don't have many issues with it. It's breathable in the summer as long as you're moving. Sitting idle, it'll feel like a non-perforated jacket. It zips to leather pants when you need to get all geared up and it looks alright with jeans too. The padding is big and bulky at the shoulders and elbows(good for protection, bad for fashion). No speed hump on it. Comes with a padded liner. No itchy, choking feeling around the collar. I wish it had more adjustment around the waist to make it tighter(like a drawstring), it only has a few snaps on the outside. The pocket zippers shook themselves open on me a few times because they zip open up-down. After losing a set of housekeys, I started safety-pinning them shut. I also crash tested the jacket at 70mph when I wrecked my zx-10 and there were a few scuffs, but no tears and I had no bruises or scrapes, besides my back. Back protection could be better; The armor is to soft, but it is removable/replacable if you have your own back protection. No buttons fell off of it yet and it hasn't had to been re-stitched either, although some stray threads poke through the perforations here and there. All in all, I think it's a decent jacket for the price and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. I'll keep wearing it for any 30 to 100 degree days. B+

I am also trying to purchase the sonic 2.0
I had the first version perforated and it was comfortable

I am 4 sizes up now, so yeah need a new jacket :whistle:

I have just about the exact same jacket (as far as looks) by EXL for less than $100.00 brand new including shipping. I got it from leatherup.com. This site is the best kept secret for Motorcycle gear. I suggest everyone go there. They have gloves/ lids/ leathers/ etc. cheaper than any where else and you don't sacrafice quality. :thumbsup:

I have just about the exact same jacket (as far as looks) by EXL for less than $100.00 brand new including shipping. I got it from leatherup.com. This site is the best kept secret for Motorcycle gear. I suggest everyone go there. They have gloves/ lids/ leathers/ etc. cheaper than any where else and you don't sacrafice quality. :thumbsup:
You can get leather jackets for $69 if you shop hard enough but IME, you get what you pay for.. Looks mean squat if the thing comes apart when you need it the most..

NewEnough has treated me like gold on every purchase and although I have been able to match prices on a "few" items, none have come close on service... who else will pay your shipping if something does not fit and then send you the right one....

You can get leather jackets for $69 if you shop hard enough but IME, you get what you pay for.. Looks mean squat if the thing comes apart when you need it the most..

NewEnough has treated me like gold on every purchase and although I have been able to match prices on a "few" items, none have come close on service... who else will pay your shipping if something does not fit and then send you the right one....

exactly. customer svs like that is very rare these days.

I'm the new guy here but I gotta say leatherup is pretty good. They sell the name brand gear...just without the name brand stitched on it. Icon pants with a different name, Powertrip jacket with a different name. Its the same items, same quality, less money casue it doesnt have the name on it. Every big company has a "side company" that they use to make extra money. Pioneer,sony,etc do it all the time. You dont always "get what you pay for". Alot of times you pay $100 more for the same thing just because of the tag on it. Just an example....I bought a pair of icon recon pants over a year ago for $80. I found these pants on leatherup for $40 about 2 months ago http://www.leatherup.com/p/Leather-...-Fit-Denim-Motorcycle-Racing-Pants/54746.html
Got a pair and guess what? SAME EXACT PANTS! different patch sewn on the back, thats it. But for those of you who like to pay more money for the same thing...they have name brands on there as well,lol.

I have to add that I buy the majority of my gear from new enough and their customer service is excellent, but sometimes it pays to shop around a bit.

Last edited:
I'm the new guy here but I gotta say leatherup is pretty good. They sell the name brand gear...just without the name brand stitched on it. Icon pants with a different name, Powertrip jacket with a different name. Its the same items, same quality, less money casue it doesnt have the name on it. Every big company has a "side company" that they use to make extra money. Pioneer,sony,etc do it all the time. You dont always "get what you pay for". Alot of times you pay $100 more for the same thing just because of the tag on it. Just an example....I bought a pair of icon recon pants over a year ago for $80. I found these pants on leatherup for $40 about 2 months ago http://www.leatherup.com/p/Leather-Chaps--pants/Xelement-Men’s-Classic-Fit-Denim-Motorcycle-Racing-Pants/54746.html
Got a pair and guess what? SAME EXACT PANTS! different patch sewn on the back, thats it. But for those of you who like to pay more money for the same thing...they have name brands on there as well,lol.

I have to add that I buy the majority of my gear from new enough and their customer service is excellent, but sometimes it pays to shop around a bit.
not doubting the second line but when it comes to my own well being.. I would spend the extra $100 knowing that the garment will hold up when needed.. (is why I will not by textile, every one I have seen crashed has burn through or pulled apart at stitching..) Would like to see some of the second line stuff in person first..

not doubting the second line but when it comes to my own well being.. I would spend the extra $100 knowing that the garment will hold up when needed.. (is why I will not by textile, every one I have seen crashed has burn through or pulled apart at stitching..) Would like to see some of the second line stuff in person first..

Well, I cant vouch for all of it...but I can definately say that the icon/element jeans I used as an example are one and the same. Matter of fact, the stitching on the icon pair is already coming apart if that tells you anything. ;) I'm guessing that jacket on leather up is the exact same as the powertrip one as well(just without the logo sewn on). Only thing is, in that case, you can get the powertrip version sheaper on newenough now that its on sale. Point is, you dont have to worry about the quality when buying the second line because its not a copy....its the EXACT SAME GARMENT. Made at the the same manufactureing facility by the same people, just with a different tag sewn in.
And about the exl stuff that the guy mentioned earlier....I have an exl leather"racing" jacket that I bought a LONG time ago and still use when its cool out. The stitching is holding up great and the leather is very good quality as are the pads in the elbows,back,and shoulders. Very well made jacket for under $100. But on the other hand, I also have an exl hemet that I bought for my wifes first helmet and its complete junk. Dont really know what relavance that holds but just thought I put it out there is case anyone was debating buying either. :thumbsup:

I bought this jacket ($268 2XL)and have been wearing it for a month or so now. I purchased it for its looks and price range and because I believe leather offers the best protection. So far so good....I would recommend it.

Back