what do u guys think about this tank bag?

hemi

Registered
considering ordering a new tank bag for my sw-motech fuel cap mounting system. Already have the daypack 2, which is perfect for my wallet, phone, and little misc. stuff. Thinkin about something a bit bigger for those times i need it to stuff a bunch of crap in. This one is pretty pricey but looks nice, can't tell by the pictures if it would be ginormous. Let me know what u think

TwistedThrottle.com : Bags-Connection "Engage-Sport" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System - BCK.TR5091

ridiculously expensive, but think i might do it. After having my daypack 2 for a while now i absolutely love the mounting system they use. Don't have to worry at all about scratching the paint. Ever since i got the daypack it hasn't been off the bike once, other than to wipe down the tank during daily cleanings:laugh:. If i bought this one i think it would be the perfect setup, i would have the smaller daypack for just my wallet/phone and such, and then slap on the bigger bag if i think i might need to pick something up at the store

i'm guessin i'll be the guinea pig and order it tonight so everybody can see what it looks like installed on the busa:laugh:

I had one on the CBR1000 & hated it. If you look closely, it sits back on the tank rather than forward. So it was sticking me in the gut and you couldn't lean down or into the bike (Hello, it's a CBR1000!). Whoever designed this for the CBR1000 has never actually ridden a motorcycle. :(

Dsc02326_cbr.jpg

DSC02333_Hwy1_900.jpg

The Hayabusa is much bigger so likely there's more room, but pay close attention to the ergos if you can dig up pics of it on the Hayabusa. I lean way forward on mine so I want a tankbag on the Busa that's as far forward as I can get.

See the angles of the bag & tank? Possibly you have Heli-bars, risers, or lowered pegs, but something to look out for.

Functionally, the bag works great btw.

Img_7072-Hwy33Busa.jpg

Dsc02326_cbr.jpg

DSC02333_Hwy1_900.jpg

Img_7072-Hwy33Busa.jpg

Back