What color wheels? or should I chrome....

Powdercoat or Chrome?

• Total voters
Jon Reed= king of bling!!! Wow those are sweet brother. A paint job and some aftermarket wheels will just about complete my ride. However, I say that now but you know me, i never stop.:dunno::laugh:

you just say the word. I'll get you dialed in lke we always do!

How about this one?:thumbsup:
4BLUE.jpg

My wheels are chrome...

It's a double edged sword. Easy to wipe down with a rag and some pledge, however if you don't do it EVERY day they look really dirty.

The Carrozzeria rims in BLUE get my vote. I have to say that the Blue 07 looks really good with some chrome wheels and I'm not one for chrome. Take a look at this familiar bike.

192661d1277425306-bigrod-building-new-swingarm-mullet-dsc00854.jpg

192662d1277425306-bigrod-building-new-swingarm-mullet-dsc00852.jpg

I have to say that I really didn't like the blue when I went to buy my 2007 but if you would've showed me this I just might have changed my mind. I think the chrome is awsome to light up at night. My black lights up pretty well at night but the wheels are a dead zone.

that looks sweet.....info....

Those wheels for sure. I just pictured them on your bike it would look awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup: 1900 bucks isnt bad for the quality you get in those rims. I have them bookmarked for the day i can shell out that much money for wheels... Maybe this tax return :whistle: The woman will need to approve.....:please::banghead:

thanks for the advice guys. thanks esp to gixxer1kr, thats more than likely the setup im gonna go with. i also wanna powdercoat the rearsets and passenger pegs.:thumbsup:

If you are still looking for rim ideas and do not mind putting in a little bit of work (i.e. less expensive this way).

You can either keep the black middle and strip the edges using airplane paint remover to have a half on half look or get the insides powdercoated blue and then strip the edges the same.

It took me about 3 weeks in the winter time to get the rims to a point where I could go to a friend of mine that did polishing for a job and he took about a day to hook me up. it isnt exactly chrome but it looks just like it. The only drawback is that just like chrome you have to keep wiping them down every couple of days and in the winter time just take a little bit of mothers polish and a drill with a polishing pad on and work them over for a couple of hours. This is actually a normal process even if you have chrome wheels.

I restore old motorbikes for a hobby back home and it is something that I have found most easy with best results. Again though this is something you could do if you didnt want to spend a couple grand for new wheels.

Back