What chain to buy?

OB_zilla1300

Registered
Hi all,love my blue"00"no problems yet(3000 miles).Needs tires and a chain.Been to Putnam Park twice on the Busa open track day had a blast,I go 5 times a year to the track 155 down straight and no cops.Anyway who's got the best chain?(I do alot of 1st and 2nd gear whellies hard on chain oh well) Thanks Steve Cincy.Ohio

article in the back of the new Motorcyclist mag by DID guy Robert Palmer is really good---when my swingarm comes in I WAS going to go Sigma series, I've changed my mind now. DID X it is!

BUMMER! Schnitz doen't carry them... :(

I put a DID on 1100 Katana. The best improvement I could ever do. Before the chain, the bike dynoed at 120HP at the tire. I didn't dyno after the chain, but I swear I got 5HP from the swap. The seemed some much quicker and way more responsive with the DID. When my stock chain goes, there won't be any thought to what I will put on!!

Who carries them? I looked at their web site dont recognize any of em.

I have to agree with the other guys here. I put a DID X-ring 530 VM gold series on my ZX11 at 20,000 miles and I swear the bike felt so much smoother, more responsive. This chain has very little friction. Do make sure you buy the matching rivet link for $6.95 cause it completes the whole chain.

Also, don't skimp on the sprockets. For about $75 more you can get a set of front & rear sprockets that would make the difference between a chain that lasts and one that doesn't.

[This message has been edited by Rogue (edited 04 August 2000).]

Well, I jumped the fence again after talking to themotorhead and JohnnyCheese, just ordered the Tsbaki 530 Sigma Oring from Schnitz.

Back