What base for a HF sport chock?

drfbusa

Registered
I want to buy a harbor freight sport chock. Ive seen lots of pix here with it permanently fixed to a trailer or a moto lift. I want to be able to move the chock around: use it in the garage, at the track, on the trailer. Can I just bolt it to a 1/2" ply or a couple of 2x4s?

if you have pix of this set up. you will be my favorite person of the day.

TIA!

Mount it to plywood cut to fit in your truck bed

DSC00980 (Medium).JPG

DSC00983 (Medium).JPG

DSC00985 (Medium).JPG

Get a 4x4x3/4 plywood sheet and bolt it from the bottom up with carriage bolts (the smooth rounded top). That way it will easily support the Busa and it's weight. Or, you can get this chock from HF and not need the wood.

Thanks! Im such a cheap bastage. Id love to get a Baxley/condor but they are too expensive and if HF can satisfy my needs for less, then its an easy decision. I saw the other HF moto stand but it was twice the price. the sport chock and ply wood is cheap, just the way I like it.

Tru recommended a 4x4 ply. that seems big. any thoughts on what the smallest plat form could be? I was thinking 3 foot wide by 2 foot deep. the width is the biggest factor right, as no one wants the bike to tip over on its side. Does anyone know the size of foot print of a baxley chock?

TIA

Back