What are these called?

Longstone

Registered
See attachment, what are the black inserts called on the rear cowl. And are there any aftermarket ones available? I've looked and haven't found any.

I was hoping for some laser-cut with a kanji symbol. Maybe install an LED behind it. Or using the application I read about in the switchback thread to make them running/turn lights.

003.JPG

I put the screen incerts in mine and allso red led lights that flash with my turn signals

somewhere on the .oRg someone made kanji cutouts and put "million color" LED's behind them..

Busadawg over at tampasportsbike sales them. I sent him a PM to see if he has any available. Probably going to go with that and put some LED's behind them.

An image of his are below, hope he doesn't mind me using his image.

100_0735.jpg

So, would you actually cover the other side which has the grab-bar in it?

Curious.

I seem to remember reading about the holes was originally to allow access for the dealers to plug and unplug emissons in the harness on the otherside of that inside black plastic piece. This is what I think about that.....

IMG_2816.jpg

you only need the grab bar if you (a) plan on dropping your bike or (b) you have a center stand...

Last edited:
I thought the left side was also open to allow air in to keep airflow over the rectifier so it did not overheat.

Back