whadda day

thesnake

Registered
Well as some of you know, the wifey is away. Although I had envisioned ridin the busa for the three weeks, the joys of home ownership reared it's ugly head (pay attention u first time buyers of late).

Woke up today and UPS delivered my mirror spacers. Installed them, took a ride, LIFE is GOOD.

Get back from my ride and go to grab a beer. Hmm beer a little warm. Hey the frozen meat ain't frozen. Yup-- frig engine poop the bed. No food and warm beer that smells... Result: mod cash down the tubes and time to replace -- tomorrow is shot.

I wash clothes later and notice very low water pressure coming out of the cold water in the washer... I shut down all the water, pop off the hose on the washer and the valve is almost closed shut with mineral deposits... time to call a plumber... those cash hungry ho's.

When taking of the hose, the screw end was corroded and I had to apply some muscle... oops the end cap broke in two. Now I can't reattach the hose and don't have a spare one sitting around. Clothes sit in water overnnight and water remains shut off till tomorrow. Joy.

Moral of the story-- buy stock in home depot and never plan on riding your busa all day/week!

It never ends.

Yes, the joys of home ownership.

It could be worse, had a friend leave for the weekend and their washer hose broke, flooded the whole house.

We had our washer hose break one, it was located on the 2nd floor, by the time we found it, it had leaked through the ceiling onto my computer, yea that was fun.

Sorry to hear about the problems. We also had a freezer full of meat go out when we were on vacation, I will never forget that smell.  
wow.gif

It is still better than renting.

Good luck getting it all fixed, there is always next week to ride.

Ride safe.  
eyes.gif

Indeed. A few dollars and a day or so, and i'm back in the saddle! My warm beer picked up the meat odor, NOW that makes me mad
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092369869 -->

That usuallly happens to my wife when I leave town, everyhting starts breaking.

When I was in the Corps, I left for 6 months. 2 weeks after I left, our floor freeser stopped working.. Didnt have money to fix it so she just left it sit.

2 weeks before I got home (5 months later) the floor freezer just started working on its own. no explanation.

She hates it when I leave.. not so much because she misses me, just because she knows stuff is going to break, she just doesnt know what..
wow.gif

Good point thrash-- Good thing I'm the one home and broke everything. if I was on the road and she was home, she'd be a stress ball about right now
smile.gif

Well assumin' everything broke.

There is always something to do when you live in your own house! It does suck that it takes time away from some of the finer things in life, but home ownership is still a great thing!
biggrin.gif

There is always something to do when you live in your own house!  It does suck that it takes time away from some of the finer things in life, but home ownership is still a great thing!
biggrin.gif
I concur!! Nothing beats owning your own home....wouldn't trade it for the world. My wife is the same way in the fact that everytime I leave everything fugs up or there's a huge storm/tornado or some crap.... My wife just left me a few weeks back and took the kids on a vacation for a couple of weeks....miraculously nothing broke and I managed to ride just about everyday(strange for Ohio's weather)...guess I've just about replaced every mechanical item in this house in the last year....Oh well....knock on wood and keep on pushin' on!

Hope your able to make the best of the rest of your alone time Snake!!

Rock on!!

Dan

Home ownership, just like everything else, is a plus/minus thing but on balance the pluses out weigh the minuses...
Ride safe...

And thank god we don't have this problem:

MELBOURNE, Australia (AFP) - A huge ant colony measuring 100 kilometres (62 miles) across has been found under the southern Australian city of Melbourne, scientists said.

Suhr said the introduced pest's natural aggression kept numbers under control in its native country but the genetic make-up of the ants found in Australia had mutated allowing them to cooperate to build the supercolony.

"In Argentina, their native homeland, ant colonies span tens of metres, are genetically diverse and highly aggressive towards one another," Suhr said.

"So population numbers never explode and they are no threat to other plants and animals.

"When they arrived in Australia, a change in their structure occurred, changing their behaviour so that they are not aggressive towards one another. This has resulted in the colonies becoming one supercolony."

Suhr said the Argentine ants killed native ants and the insect life they normally preyed upon, posing a major threat to biodiversity.

She said Argentine ants were ranked among the world's 100 worst animal invaders and had found an ideal habitat in the Mediterranean-type eco-systems of south-eastern Australia.

pams9_copy.jpg

Back