Went to the track for the first time!!!

itsyasoldier

Registered
So I went to thundervally Raceway in Noble, Oklahoma tonight. Ran a few passes and did pretty good I thought for my first time on a bike at the track.
First pass went a 10.7 at 135. I left really soft in first and second to get a feel for the track. My final pass of the night was a 10.6 at 139mph. Still leaving very easy due to my front kept trying to lift on me through second gear. There were a few other members from the org there also so got to put some faces with screenames which was nice.

It was really nice. Wasn't crowded at all and perfect weather. And there were alot of bikes that showed up to watch.

That was about the same times I did my first time ( 5 weeks ago )... I am down to a 10.1 with a little bit stronger take off. I am still having the wheelie issue like you...and you will get hooked. I haven't missed a Friday night track night since my first time.

I had a blast down there! Best I ran was 11.2 at 131, my buddy on his 600 was pissed once he cut a 11.3 and didn't beat me. Think we ended up bringing 6 bikes and 2 cars with our group.

I was so tired i didnt change and rode home in my 1 piece leathers. I got crazy looks stopping by 7-11 for Gatorade!

Next time we will have to meet up and talk more. We were there early and then left to go eat.

O and by the way my mods are full R77 exhaust w/ no programmer or tune and the bike is lowered.

Wow!! No map? My guy gots an 08 with -1 own in the front generic map and 9 inch stretch is stuck at 10.7!!!

we need to come up there and join you guys soon.... But first we gonna ahve to get us some leathers to run up there.... down here in Springer we don't need them. But I bet Noble would be a much better track to run on!!!

You really need to get a tune... :poke:

But your times are very good for your first time out... :thumbsup:

Why do I need to get a tune. I was told there was no need. I understand it will run even better with but for now its not hurting the bike without one.

Have you had the A/F checked on a dyno? Every bike is different, how do you know it's not hurting anything? ???

The gen II's have 02 sensors. I may be wrong but I thought that was the whole point of them is to adjust when the a/f ratio is not correct. I understand that obviously this would not be effective during a add on like a turbo or nitrous but just for exhaust it shouldnt change much. Im not doubting at all that a tune would not make it run better cause a tune even on a stock bike will run better, but to even give myself a little piece of mind I asked the local performance bike shop and they said its perfectly fine on the gen II's. but definately NOT fine on the gen I's.

I dont want you to think I'm bashing what your saying cause Im definately not. Im just passing on info that I received. BTW thanks for the compliment on the times

Wow!! No map? My guy gots an 08 with -1 own in the front generic map and 9 inch stretch is stuck at 10.7!!!

we need to come up there and join you guys soon.... But first we gonna ahve to get us some leathers to run up there.... down here in Springer we don't need them. But I bet Noble would be a much better track to run on!!!

Thunder Valley is a great track to run on. they have NHRA events so its definitely not a bad track. I personally like running at Tulsa in my car but Noble is way closer.

The gen II's have 02 sensors. I may be wrong but I thought that was the whole point of them is to adjust when the a/f ratio is not correct. I understand that obviously this would not be effective during a add on like a turbo or nitrous but just for exhaust it shouldnt change much. Im not doubting at all that a tune would not make it run better cause a tune even on a stock bike will run better, but to even give myself a little piece of mind I asked the local performance bike shop and they said its perfectly fine on the gen II's. but definately NOT fine on the gen I's.

The Gen 2's O2 sensor is a narrowband sensor that only affects light throttle-idle and cruise, it's main purpose is to lean the mixture out to keep heat in the catalytic converters to keep emissions down. Once you pipe it it's not really needed. Yosh insists no tune is necessary so I wouldn't worry about it being safe-but a good tune would definately improve power and driveability. And I would definately recommend using ECU Editor to tune it-it's got a vast amount of features for a low price. It's the only system that tunes the IAP map, which you're in 95% of the time on the street. There's a tuner in Oklahoma City(Tim Howard) that uses it and of course Johnny Cheese down in Austin but recently there is an Autotune being developed that I've been trying. It still has a ways to go before it's up to speed but so far the results have been very promising.

One of the people spreading that was a shop that is now out of business...

I dont want you to think I'm bashing what your saying cause Im definately not. Im just passing on info that I received. BTW thanks for the compliment on the times

No harm, it's the internet.....I try not to get to wrapped up in posts... ;)

As jefro said, it is a narrow band sensor for light loads and cruising adjustment only. The intent is for improved gas mileage and reduced emissions not performance. It will NOT adjust your wide open throttle needs or low end tuning that is needed.

You don't have to take my word on it. Go to a well known dyno tuner and see for yourself what your bike does on the dyno. I think you'll be shocked at the difference... :beerchug:

Back