First time at the track

bigblue

Registered
First of all, I had a blast! I made 5 passes tonight. To my surprise, I was not nervous at all. My first pass was solo and I ran a 11.00 @ 135mph. I was happy with it being my first time and I weight 265. My reaction time sucked but went from a 1.2 to a .60. On my second pass all hell broke loose. My tire was still wet and when I launched. From my memory it was like wheelie toward wall,ease off throttle,front tire down slow,gun it, broke loose to the right, ease off throttle, gun it to the end. Call me crazy but that was the most fun I had all night! There were 4 other Busa running too. They were giving me tips the whole night. I really thought that they would be laughing at me. I can't wait to go again.

It is a blast isn't it. I went for the first time this year. went several times and loved everyone. I learned a lot each time i went. I had no idea how truly hard it is. cant wait till next year:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. The other Busa guys told me the same thing. They even told me to let them do theirs first so I could see how they do it. I am still shocked at how helpful people are around here and at the track. Thanks again.

Nice man, it's good to hear an honest recollection of your first time out and not stories of a first time out with a 9.82 or something, lol. I have never been but there is a TNT at Amarillo Dragway on the 31st that I may try to make it to. Where did you go and when is the next event? I'm a little nervous about my first time out. I have never done a burnout at all if that says anything. Not sure I know how really. I've been working on takeoffs a little out in the country but thats about it.

I'm from Lubbock though and was just curious where you went and when the next time to go is.

I was at Penwell Knights Raceway in Odessa. I think this was the last event of the season. Desert Thunder Raceway is a 1/8 mile track in between Midland and Odessa that is open ever Friday and Saturday until the end of November. On the burnout, hold your front brake in hard and rev up some rpms. Then slightly release the clutch. You will be able to tell when the tire are spinning. Make sure stand up while doing this to get as much weight off your tire.

Back