Went for a ride with a guy on GSXR1000

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
The bike on the far left belongs to "Joe". Joe lead the ride through twisties in Southern Indiana and hardly ever touched his brake. I learned real quick to ride my own pace! Checked out his tires at our first stop which was this photo opportunity and he has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NONE, NO chicken strips what-so-ever! He said he likes to average 65-70mph the entire time and that way he doesn't have to hammer it in the straights! We did to keep up with him though! This guy was nothing but pure silk on a bike. It was so nice to watch someone with that kind of talent!

Group_Ride_10_1_06.jpg

(MrGxr @ Oct. 03 2006,17:50) 6 bikes running throught the twisties.. that had to be fun.

Actually there were 7 of us. The second picture shows the 7th bike in front as that was the guy that took the first picture. I guess he didn't want his bike in the first picture.

Yes it was a blast! Especially when we came upon a group of Harleys. The back HD kept crossing the double yellows in the turns and kind of scared us. Man them HDs are slow in the turns...LOL

That sounds like a fun ride:) Watch him closely, you can learn alot by copying exactly what he is doing. U sound like a smart rider by your comments.
Thanks for the pics

sounds like u had a blast!!! i have a buddy of mine the rides an old F1 Hurricane. he has been to 2 track schools and he is absolutely flawless....... makes us guys on the newer, more powerful bikes look BAD!!! but since ridin with him and learning from him he has def helped to improve my riding abilities. i think its great to go ridin with a couple of talented guys. alot can be learned!!!
beerchug.gif

Thats great!! Sounds like alot of fun!! Most guys I have ridden with are average riders, no one stands out really. Some real stupid riders who should be home in there driveways with training wheels but no one on the other extreme that is a great rider. I would like to ride with someone like that just to learn from and watch. Have fun!!

It was a blast! What was really amazing was a lot of the corners were 15mph turns and he just sort of effortlessly DOVE into them. It was like some form of ballet to watch this guy! And he was far from cocky about it. Very humble kind of fellow. I have rode with a lot of different people over the years but these guys were all good and certainly not squids! I think I have found a group that I will be riding with a whole lot more in the future!

Group rides can be good or bad. Glad this one was good. Thanks for sharing.

Now don't go trading in your busa on a gixxer so you can rail the corners? Those new gixxers will spoil you for riding the fun twisties.

(Tufbusa @ Oct. 04 2006,11:13) Now don't go trading in your  busa on a gixxer so you can rail the corners?  Those new gixxers will spoil you for riding the fun twisties.
Oh now, don't be putting ideas like that in my head!!!

Back