Went down tonight - need plastic

OB_MDBusa

Registered
I need red/gray right side and tail section. Also tail light. HELP. Couldn't stop at stop sign, bike slid about 80ft into traffic. I jumped off the bike and a Toyota 4Runner hit my bike right in the tail section and bike slid on the right side. I don't like the Busa brakes. Should've used more front brake than back. I only scratched my knee didn't even rip my jeans. THANK GOD thats all. Wait until my wife finds out.

NO BACK BRAKE, you know better than that!!!

[This message has been edited by 'lantabusa (edited 16 August 2000).]

Whats a back brake?

Theres this little foot peg on the right side of my bike, does that do anything?

Ive never pressed on it, it kinda scares me.

Hardly ever use rear brake too, but ever since I've had a rear brake sort of seize on earlier bike because of NEVER being used, I've started to use it with some regularity just to keep things "operational".

That "stuck" rear brake happened when I was departing from my wife's (girlfriend back then) parents house with her standing there while I was getting ready/dressed to take off and she just stepped on the brake pedal being bored waiting without actually thinking about what she did (happens more often BTW).

I hadn't see her do that and the fact that it was quite a weak rear brake on that bike led to it taking quite a while during that ride before I was sure something was wrong somewhere. Luckily nothing was heated-up too much, so no lasting damage, but it was a hell of a job trying to work things loose again on the shoulder of the highway!

A back brake can be very useful, but misuse can be deadly. The faster you are going, the less the back is needed. Many racers never touch it.

That being said, in many cases a properly used rear brake can shorten stopping distances. On slippery surfaces at low to moderate speeds, a back brake has definite safety advantages when used judiciously with the front.

It is hard to learn, but those who say NEVER to use the rear are just saying that they never learned how to use one properly.

I've had the back end out before, that rear brake is EVIL.....I almost never use it now.
Glad you're alright.
Stoplight oilpatches and RR tracks are my enemies too.
Martin

Back