poll what better plastic or glass

wht_scorpion

Registered
i was just wondering about replace the tail section on my busa with after market just wanted to know what was stronger and dont crack so easy be cause i tryed to spike out the tail section dont like the platic pin under the tail section and crack the plastic in the tail section of the bike the only thing that did not crack was the hump

bump.gif

IMO Fiberglass is not as good. It's ok for track day plastics, but doesn't work in the real world as well as oem style abs. Glass has no give and will crack far easier than plastic. You may also get hairline cracks or cracks around your mounting points. Do it right and get abs.

Why were you "spiking" your tail?? Do you own a gargoyle or a motorcylce??

ABS is the way to go. As said above fiberglass will not bend at all, and instead will crack. It'll be much harder to install and remove and it's also heavier. Go with plastic.

thanks oem mounting hole for the inner tail section suc to thin i want to mount spikes and i did crack the mount hole on the under tail section

if you were sliding down the road behind your bike youd be begging for abs , cause fiberglass under the skin is a biotch ! not that you will ever go down but what if ?

Ive been down slide down a ice road in ny. Some one cut out in front of me. Ive been riding for about 15years and still have not see it all. first bike was a 1983 honda night hawk my next bike was a 1963 truph bonville chopper 600 next was a ex500 next was a katana now the busa

haya1.JPG

hey john im from suffolk county moved up here when i was a kid i drove my bike in the winter down there on willam floyd parkway

Back