well went back to the track

Streaker and E,
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate all the help I can get, and I'm sure that him does too. We are new to drag racing, and I know that it's a steep learning curve. Where would I find out about track rentals and such? Also my local 1/8 mile track isn't exactly "strict" but I hear I'll need an IHRA license to go run at Gateway, which is the closest 1/4 mile. What's the closest you guys will come to us to a race?

Brown, you won't need a license for Gateway.

You won't be running anywhere NEAR 9.99!
tounge.gif

Seriously though, you will have to have leathers. You and I are in the same boat there, we can't exactly just order something and have it fit, ya know??
biggrin.gif

You and I are in the same boat there, we can't exactly just order something and have it fit, ya know??
biggrin.gif
Hell why dont you big mofos go across the street from the track and kill a cow or two...

But seriously there is a drag class at gateway every 1st thursday of the month and its free! You guys can roll up here and take the class.

E im really not wanting to make the bike any longer...i should be able to run 9s with a stock arm and thats what im gonna do. I dont have a prob gettin on it hard its just the clutch in my situation. its got about half an inch from being disengaged to fully engaged and ive got to learn to make the most of it. Ive been messin with the bike on teh streets tying to get a system what will allow me to slip teh clutch in stages. I tried a couple of times on the street but i dont want to fug up on the road...ill have a hard time convincing the insurance company i wasnt stuntin.

ill be back at teh track wed and ill let you konw how it goes. ill probably come out the whole like a beotch till i get back comfortable.

Streaker The classes at the Rock when is the next one?

Alot of tracks Do rentals..Check with them and leave Your name..They will call You and tell you when..nothing like all the time in the world to go up to the line whennever YOUR ready and You can run back to back passes!!

And I'm also trying to keep My bike stock armed for now..BUT every little bit helps..

Also try to adjust the lever onn how far it grabs off the bar..Little thiungs really make a big difference..

I only (for Now) go to NY and NJ to race..But would love to Go to MIR ect..I heard they treat you well and have a really big turnout!!

Hang in there fella's and Be safe..I love racing But if I get Hurt..Me and My family are screwed!!

Brown, you won't need a license for Gateway.

You won't be running anywhere NEAR 9.99!
tounge.gif

Seriously though, you will have to have leathers.  You and I are in the same boat there, we can't exactly just order something and have it fit, ya know??
biggrin.gif
I'll get in the nines sooner or later!!!!!!
I think I'm gonna order some pants from New Enough, they've got some that will zip into my jacket, I just hope they fit decent. My buddy Matt is shook up since Dave wrecked his rail Saturday, he said he don't wanna race without leathers. Dave's his boss, and he's shook pretty bad.

how do i adjust my rear shock to squat quick and release slow? Its still stock settings
rock.gif

Well you Know what I mean..I'm sure they don't pay as Much as I can sometimes make!!
cool.gif

And to adjust the shock..the top it compression,set it soft and bottom adjuster is rebound,Keep messin with it..You will be able to just jump up and down while sittting on it to see whats what..

biggrin.gif

E as for gettin hurt you guys pay for my medical bills through your hard earned tax dollars [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you may want to be careful. There was a guy on one of the stunt boards I look at and he got busted and I think demoted because they found out he hurt himself stunting. From reading his posts on the site, I believe.

J,

Dave's wreck was one of the worst I have seen, mostly due to the speed (153 mph) but his car was top notch and it saved his life. I purposely did not go down there till he was gone, as I had another friend killed at another track and I still have those images in my mind......

Hope Dave is doing well.

Dave's alive, had several hours of surgery on upper vertebrae, last report (Mon. Night) was that he would probably be able to walk, use of his hands is questionable and he's done racing. This sucks, but compared to the alternative.........

Back