Well Well My first Alabama Ticket

TallTom

Registered
Yep got it today. I was in town for work. Parked as seen in the pics. No LEO was present when I came down and found this ticket on my bike. So I have NO IDEA if this Officer Washington was nice, nasty, big, small, black, white, smart or dumb. No words were exchanged so nobody can claim attitudes are what get tickets.

They want to extort $50 out of me. I went right to the courthouse and requested a court date. They will send me a court date when the tickets are turned in and processed.

I will post up the results in real time so nobody can accuse me of fabricating or lying. Win or lose you will see the outcome.

You see the ticket, how I was parked at the moment I came back to my bike and saw my ticket. No other vehicles were ticketed on either side of me. I have their plate numbers and will be calling them as witnesses if needed.

ticket0002.gif

20131016_115604_1.jpg

20131016_115615_1.jpg

20131016_115717_1.jpg

20131016_115740_1.jpg

20131016_115749_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are going to say your too far from curb...supposed to be within 12 inches

That's too bad! I'm curious what "restricted" means? Oh, nice color bike!!!

They are going to say your too far from curb...supposed to be within 12 inches

That will be interesting. But if that were the case, I'd guess improper parking would be cited and not restricted category. By the time I get my court date I'll have gone to the law library to see if that 12 inch rule has merit.

I can't see what the signs say. Is the street parking by permit only?

The sign in front of the green car that is in front of me? That is a No Parking sign for that point to the corner between 8AM to 5PM except for delivery vehicles for less than 10 minutes. That is the entrance to a government building. Same No parking applies on the other side of the street as you can see the sign posted in the same spot opposite side behind the Penske truck. No this is not a parking by permit only street. It is a public One Way street.

The street ends at the concrete. He's pretty close to that. The concrete to the actual curb is for water drainage. Ticket reads "Restricted" and there is a spot for improper parking, so I'm gonna guess it has something to do with that sign. If it's not to much trouble, you might want to take a closer shot of that sign(s) to bring with you.

The street ends at the concrete. He's pretty close to that. The concrete to the actual curb is for water drainage. Ticket reads "Restricted" and there is a spot for improper parking, so I'm gonna guess it has something to do with that sign. If it's not to much trouble, you might want to take a closer shot of that sign(s) to bring with you.

I am welcoming your inputs but I am not sure I follow what you mean that the street ends at the concrete? The street continues on past the intersection you see in the distance. I am was on the 200 block and the next block up was the 100 block. The green car in front of me was parked on the side of the sign I was parked on, and did not receive a ticket. The No Parking signs, mark the start of the zone and say to corner which is up to the intersection. Where you see no cars parked except for the allowed delivery van. We were all parked to the side of the sign that allows parking as obviously seen by cars parked on either side of me.

Thats pretty odd Hope you are successful at your court date, I had no idea parking tickets were so expensive.

Extortion!!! $50 is not even a tank of gas for my truck. So it isn't about whether I can afford to spend $50. But if someone is trying to steal it from me...............

If I felt the spot was illegal, I can park in a parking garage for $5 an hour for the 2 hours I was there.

The LEO's are on to you Tom. DO3 put out a nationwide "all points bulletin" on your hide.:laugh:

City of Mobile

I thought that looked like Mobile. I got a ticket like that before here. It was on a street that had a sign that read no parking from there to the curb. I was parked behind the sign on the legal side where parking is allowed and received a citation. I didn't fight it cause I have NO faith in the legal system when it comes to stuff like that. Here if you decide to fight that, you would More than likely lose and then be stuck with court costs

I'm guessing my car was some young cop came by and didn't understand the sign so they felt I was illegally parked.

I thought that looked like Mobile. I got a ticket like that before here. It was on a street that had a sign that read no parking from there to the curb. I was parked behind the sign on the legal side where parking is allowed and received a citation. I didn't fight it cause I have NO faith in the legal system when it comes to stuff like that. Here if you decide to fight that, you would More than likely lose and then be stuck with court costs

I'm guessing my car was some young cop came by and didn't understand the sign so they felt I was illegally parked.

We'll see. I have never gone to a court here so I have no idea the demeanor of the judge or the system. He may bang the gavel down and say $50 plus cost before I ever speak for all I know. LEOs will tell you that is the way this will end. I look forward to learning more about Officer Washington, and his/her selective ticketing process.

Back