Well Well My first Alabama Ticket

I hate being harrased for taking a spot. What difference does it make weather I choose to drive on 4 wheels or two, be glad I didn't park at the main entrance like all those scooters. :banghead:

OK I hadn't heard back with a court date so I figured I better make sure they weren't trying to pull something where I don't know I am supposed to be somewhere. So I called the number to the courthouse. Explained I had requested a court date and had not heard back. The lady on the phone looked it up and came back on and said "That ticket has been Administratively Voided." I asked "What does that mean? She said "Usually it means that the Traffic Magistrate has reviewed the citations that are asked to be heard and make a preliminary determination that there was no merit to the ticket or that the city would be unable to provide a witness. It saves the judges and courts time if they feel that the tickets are going to get defeated in court." I said "OK so what do i do?" "Nothing, you're done this ticket is gone as of Oct. 30, 2013." I said "OK will I get some sort of notice or something?" She said "Sir the ticket is no longer, you need nothing more from us."

I asked that they send me something for my peace of mind so I don't have to worry about a warrant being issued. She said she would see if I could get a receipt or some proof of this, but at this time she was searching for a ticket that had already been removed from the database and there wasn't a document to recover on a ticket that had been Administratively Voided.

So I have no idea what that was all about but I am apparently done. I will never know why I was ticketed, never get to ask Officer Washington any questions ( I was so looking forward to that part). And I have no idea if that 12" rule is something I need to worry about or not.

:dunno:

$50 not stolen is a good day in any day of the week.

Glad it got dropped mane! But you DO know where that meter maid works if you wanna ask him sumpin......... :whistle:

Back