weird money question

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Does anyone know where i can convert foreign currency??
I look online and all i can find is a website that shows me what its worth, but not where i can turn it in.

some banks, international airport, wells fargo...some countries are more common than others

Usually your bank will exchange paper money. But no coins. And it needs to be from a common country as well. At least my bank does. :)
Steve

Hmmmm, ill check.. I have abotu 15,000 dollars (USD) worth of Afghanis (afghani) money sitting next to me. wondering how i can move this stuff.

here is the giant stack of 10,000 and 5,000s

2009-11-03_21.24.18.jpg

I just found out, this is old taliban money which isnt in circulation anymore.
hmmm i might be S out of luck.

Give it away as xmas presents :p Haha

I have a couple hundred US dollars worth of Iraqi Dinar.."You'll be rich in a year or two when it skyrockets" haha...yea :poke: It's sitting in a lockbox at home...to be used as wrapping paper when it's worth less than the space it takes up haha

Give it away as xmas presents :p Haha

I have a couple hundred US dollars worth of Iraqi Dinar.."You'll be rich in a year or two when it skyrockets" haha...yea :poke: It's sitting in a lockbox at home...to be used as wrapping paper when it's worth less than the space it takes up haha

Yeah... I bought a $25,000 dinar note a few years ago... It was supposed to go 2/1 or even higher in a year from when I bought it... I'm still waiting... :rofl:

HA! I spent $88 bucks buying that 25,000 Dinar! It's worth $21.6732.

Hey Ben, dont feel bad... here is something that will make you feel better even if it is not true.. :)

****** WHY INVEST IN IRAQ?
Presidential Order #13303 has now made it legal for U.S. citizens to invest in Iraq, check it out here:
Iraqi Stock Market Press Release
“Bankers at the Bank of Nazariah, World Bank, are projecting the Dinar value to soon be .43 cents US per Dinar.” This would make todays $40.00 – 25,000 IQD bill worth $10,750 USD!

put it on ebay, a bill at a time, worth more as souvenir, (if you can legally sell it)

No but you will get whacked on the charges. Best bet is if you know individuals that are going back to Afghanistan, do your own exchange.

Never had a problem finding an exchange at an International Airport :thumbsup:

here is the giant stack of 10,000 and 5,000s

Email a Nigerian and tell him you want to exchange it and will give twice what it is worth, have him send you the American dollars......... you get the picture.

If the money is not in circulation any more check with collectors. People collect that kind of thing all the time.

Back