Weight of the Busa

OB_valklex

Registered
Who cares about dry? I don't know anybody that has a ridden a 'dry' bike. What's the weight of the bike fully wet? or at least with everything except gas (5.8 gal. of gas weigh 38 lbs).

520-525 with a full tank of gas and a Micron full system (ss w/carbon fiber).
Put it on a building and supply scale.

TOJ from Sweden had his busa on the scales and it tipped 486 pounds. This was with a little gas and a homemade 4-1 system. ( mild steel. not titanium or stainless )

A friend of mine weighed his bone stock 2000 with 1/2 tank of gas>>>>>>>>>>>>>530 pounds.As soon as the snow goes away,we are taking it to Atco Raceway in New Jersey with one tooth down.Would anyone like to come with us?

Johnnycheese,I'm envious,I wish I were in Texas right now too! Racing at away tracks is fun and exciting.A few days ago,it was below zero at night.If the snow melts,they will let us race.The track will be cold and I know we won't hook up but the mph will be a good indication of what we are capable of running.It doesen't look good as they are predicting a possible"noreaster" for the middle of the week.

Guys, never trust any quoted dry weight figures. It used to mean ready to run but no fuel.No longer, unless it is specifically stated. When the manufacturers found that a low weight was a powerful selling tool,some of their marketing depts. removed motor oil, shock and fork oil,brake fluid,coolant, and battery water before the weigh in. Some do this, some don't. You never know. The fairest comparison, bike to bike is ready to run, no fuel. That eliminates the fuel variable, whether because of tank size or just the amount that happens to be in the tank.The most common method is ready to go with a full tank. Most mag. tests use this method, and it usually can be trusted.

Back