Weekend Update (A Slice of California)

Nice pics Scar.Just a few questions, How bad are the leathers in really hot weather and what type of work have you had to do to the bike other than tires? One more thing, Better watch eating to much pie, You may have to alter your suspension.:laugh:

Awesome pics and write up Scar! Thank you for sharing!! I'm sooooo jealous of your never ending riding season down there. (No FOG ride this past weekend............rain/snow and wind ALL weekend long!):banghead:

Too much pie? Hahahahahaah...almost inconceivable! :rofl:

No, really, it's part of my 'expansion project.' :rofl:

The leathers are bad in REALLY hot weather. In the winter, it's best to wear non-perforated leather, because it keeps the wind off you and the heat in... In the summer, you need the perforation to allow the leather to breathe.

Here in Cali, it's hard to know which to wear on some days...as I mentioned in a different thread, it was 42 degrees at our furthest reach on Sunday morning, and those black leathers I'm wearing in the foregoing pix are perforated. It makes for chilliness. Under them, though, I was wearing thermals, so that helps counter act the ambient temps.

I have another set of leathers which is non-perforated and they're slightly larger on me, which is good, as it creates a pocket of warm air between me and the leather. A third set I have (here in Phoenix) is also perforated, but I haven't worn them since I got here, as I have yet to find the type of riding (locally) which generally dictates that type of protection.

Lastly, on the question asbout what other work I've had done to the bike...what do you mean?

She gets near monthly oil changes. I've had the entire front-end torn off (at 40k) for preventive steering head bearing replacement; fork seals, etc. I launched a thread about that...with pix. Aside from that, it's all about replacing the consumables, and after-market modifications.

:beerchug:

Awesome pics and write up Scar! Thank you for sharing!! I'm sooooo jealous of your never ending riding season down there. (No FOG ride this past weekend............rain/snow and wind ALL weekend long!):banghead:

Move to SoCal, Jimbo! Situation resolved!

awesome as usual SCAR... Thanks so much for sharing. You really were waving to me as I flew over. LOL:rofl:

i knew it, i just knew a pic of pie was in here,,did you know if you google "famous apple pie" that Mom's Apple pie in Julian Cali comes up about the first 5 topics? now who would have thought that good apple pie comes from cali......:laugh:

thanks for sharing the pics as always great job!!!

ok! That Droid phone takes an OK shot!

While Scar headed home on Wasabi on Sunday after the decent lil jaunt through the hills on saturday. The Lamb family was in town (parents Lamb) and to the Swap meet we went. Kobeys swap meet at the Sports arena. It seems kinda rambling, sorry!!!

Anyway, the reason for this post is to show a pic of something that tickled momma Lambs humerous. Here it is:

frame this.jpg

Last edited:

While Scar headed home on Wasabi on Sunday after the decent lil jaunt through the hills on saturday. The Lamb family was in town (parents Lamb) and to the Swap meet we went. Kobeys swap meet at the Sports arena. It seems kinda rambling, sorry!!!

Anyway, the reason for this post is to show a pic of something that tickled momma Lambs humerous. Here it is:

Could you possibly make the pix any smaller, Lamb? :rofl:

I don't get it.

I got 8000 Miles on mine and the chain has Never Been Adjusted. Still the same length. Tires and Oil Changes. BUSA is BULLET PROOF :thumbsup:

Lambo: Send me the original...I'll see what I can do with it. :beerchug:

Ok silly question but a 2yr degree in Horticulture begs me to ask if you can tell me what kind of flowering vine that is in front of your house ?
NatureBoy wants to know .
I like that and would like to look into same .
I am gonna bring back some grape seeds from Cyprus
and build a trellis arch in back but wife wants flowers in front and she saw your pic .
:bowdown:

i knew it, i just knew a pic of pie was in here,,did you know if you google "famous apple pie" that Mom's Apple pie in Julian Cali comes up about the first 5 topics? now who would have thought that good apple pie comes from cali......:laugh:

thanks for sharing the pics as always great job!!!

:rofl:...they don't call it "Land of Fruits and Nuts" for nothing. Hahahaha...

(whoever 'they' are)

Ok silly question but a 2yr degree in Horticulture begs me to ask if you can tell me what kind of flowering vine that is in front of your house ?
NatureBoy wants to know .
I like that and would like to look into same .
I am gonna bring back some grape seeds from Cyprus
and build a trellis arch in back but wife wants flowers in front and she saw your pic .
:bowdown:

There are three.

Night Blooming Jasmine (paler yellow on left)
Morning Glory (across top of door)
Bougainvillea (pinker flowers on right)

Hope that helps.

Yes it does .
I have a couple night blooming Jasmines here .
Sometimes they are almost too strong .
Very nice :beerchug:
Blanca likes growing stuff :)

Thank you

Last edited:
Back