weekend adventure in yamaha land

BigBadDodge

Registered
Had my buddy bring his 08 R6 over friday night to fab up a license plate bracket...Didnt happen, mostly just alot of beer drinking in the garage :whistle: and i mean alot:laugh:
Decided to install his bazzaz zfi setup, what a royal pain, install was about 6hrs(keep in mind all the drinking involved) finished the install around 3am and decided to wait till morning, recheck everything and work on the maps. Then i came up with a plan for the plate bracket and got that put together, held off on the drinking today till the test riding was done, was really nice to get on a bike as mines been down a few weeks:banghead: He was real happy with the results, i wasnt so much. needless to say at 6'5 riding a stock height R6 A. felt like i was gonna fall over the front of it B. The thing is gutless, and i mean SSSSlllllloooooowwwww!:rofl: I was really dissapointed with it, doesnt do anything until 10k rpm, and even then i felt like getting in a shave and reading the paper while sipping tea from 10k to the limiter ???

But he's happy, its done, so heres some pics
How he showed up :rofl:
R66.jpg

R64.jpg

Fatty had a lil buddy sleep over last night
R65.jpg

Mocked up, mounted through the spool bolt to ride about 1/4" above the swing arm at the same angle
R62.jpg

Paint drying, Proudly made in the USA :thumbsup:
R61.jpg

R6.jpg

yea he said he knew nothing about the M4, liked how it looked and was pretty cheap so he bought it, next step is the y pipe or whatever that gets rid of that huge muffler under the bike

You probably looked like one of those clowns on a minibike when you were on the R6. I rode a friends ninja 250 and it felt like a bicycle with a weedeater motor attached. I'm 6'3" so it felt small, especially after just getting off the busa.

Back