Avoided the HOOSEGOW this weekend!!

busabrother

Registered
I didn't even plan on riding on saturday, but my two buddies and their wives (on the back) wanted to ride. So my wife and I got on the old BUS. SO its us on the busa, my buddy on his 1000 and my other buddy on his yzf 600. Another couple on a kat 750 and a gsxr 600 joined us. SO its midnight and I wanted to stretch the Busa out a little so we head south on I-295. So we get up to speed and cruise a little bit, till we hit an open stretch. Then click, click i gun it first. Once i got to 140 i slowed down because the wind was too much for me cuz i couldnt tuck ( wife and all) Well the others finally catch up. SO we cruise at limit for a couple of more miles then the couple on the yzf 600 decides to ball. So i wait for all the other bikes to fall suit but the gsxr 6 stays behind me and guess what as the yzf gets to about 110 his headlights light up a state trooper on the side of the road. I hhadnt even got up to speed yet. The trooper waited until all of us had passed before he put on his headlights to come into traffic. I was in the fast lane, but as soon as i saw his lights i cut straight over to an exit and the gsxr 6 followed suit. Well the trooper could not get over so he balls to catch the other guys. But then he pulls one of the oldest trooper tricks in the book. He pulls up behind them, then gets in front of them and then exits. DUH!!! I guarantee you he already set up the chase scenario with a buddy, but all of us know the tricks, So everyone stayed at limit. wouldnt you know it. There was another trooper going 55 in a 65 in the slow lane a few miles up waiting on them to be speeding already. then the trooper that got off came up behiund them again, but since they didnt take the bait No one got pulled. But they followed behind my buddies for a long time before they pulled off again. We were lucky that night!!! But on the other hand glad they werent ther when we were pulling a ball 40!!!

Good story and damn lucky...
wink.gif

at least you know what to when things get tricky.good exit .was the wife bitching afterword?
The wife knows I would never put her or our children in any real harm. I was in complete control. If i wasn't i would have pulled over and took my licks!! No she was cool. Plus she didn't know what was going on till i told her. Hard to see what I see, on the rear seat!!
laugh.gif

thanks for the good reading while i was inhaling my dinner

i have seen them do that several times here in portland

one cops sitts on the left side of hiway and clocks people
once he sees you jumps in his car but never takes off he is getting on the radio and you think you got away next thing you know at the next exit you have several bike cops waiting to ticket you

busted

nice one for you though

They just sit and wait in the dark on 295, where you least expect them...
mad.gif

Glad you guys didn't get pulled, but I bet the adreneline was rushing for a few minutes!

Back