Webike & Customs fees

Armoni76

Registered
Hello and Happy new year to all members !

I placed an order for some Yoshimura parts at Webike Japan and it has arrived last week in California.

1657271596_54a33dd5a115ce4d0d1f11a17f35fde7.jpg

1663130796_dc13bc5bbc7ddb7538fc633272213a53.jpg

I'm surprised because I didn't pay any fees to USPS even though it went through customs. Do you know if I will have to pay customs fees later?

1704788591907.png

do they say tarriff free? If not you may get charged later. I know my exhaust i had to pay on later. I had the exh on the bike for 3 months when i got a letter from state tax office.

Wow
What did that cost?!

I've always wondered this too when ordering overseas. I've placed orders from Webike! over past decade and never had to pay taxes (knock on wood)

I would say there is a fair chance that Japan has some type of tariff free trade deal with the USA , not sure but it sounds like it . If so , you could be laughing with your Webike shopping .
I see @Dai. mentions EMS shipping , and for us Aussies , before covid for myself anyway , were never charged import using them .... it was the best times . I think , myself and Dai have both been Webike customers for any years . I like searching parts there and would like to visit Japan for the motorcycle stores and of course , the Geisha ladies !!

Wow
What did that cost?!
lmao so i got hit by customs before DHL would deliver i had to pay. I payed the customs to DHL and they delivered. Few months later i got a notice that I owed sales tax on the same exhaust and that homeland and customs reported me to the state. had to toss up another 350ish

lmao so i got hit by customs before DHL would deliver i had to pay. I payed the customs to DHL and they delivered. Few months later i got a notice that I owed sales tax on the same exhaust and that homeland and customs reported me to the state. had to toss up another 350ish

That's awful

Back