Weather reminder

ChronosWS

Registered
Now that we are in autum and soon winter, just a reminder of the seasonal hazards to be wary of:

- Wet leaves are as dangerous as ice! Avoid them if possible, be very careful otherwise.
- Painted lines on the roads are very slippery when wet, as are the road turtles used in some areas.
- If there has been freezing and/or snow in your area, watch out for thin layers of sand on the road. While it may be tan when it is first put down, it quickly will take on the color of road grime. Especially dangerous at intersections.
- Remember that water on bridges freezes before water on roads. Approach bridges with caution if you've been experiencing freezing weather.
- Dress warmly!
- Remember that it gets darker earlier and earlier. If you have been commuting all summer, it's probably been light out when you left for work. Those days are coming to an end. Have light colored, reflective gear to ride home from work in.

Ride safe

Thanks for the info. it's helpful to new riders like myself. Would have never know about the leaves and such. Thanks again

Thanks for the info but I live in South Florida and we really don't have a problem with ice on the roads, we do have problems with sand, road grime and IDIOTS...

Your absolutely right
I was reminded last weekend when riding in Northen NJ. Twice I had to step on the break because some cage was making a left turn on a CR. Started to loose the front, let the front break go and put more pressure on the back and the bike got sideways
wow.gif

3rd time I didn't break, I just used the shoulder to get around
cool.gif

Back