we need the new MCN UK !!!!

I'm not sold on the BMW. The BMW engine is ringed out in stock form to scream. The Busa engine on the other hand is limited in stock form, there's easily 10-20 more horsepower there with relatively simple mods while still keeping the torque and ridability.

Obviously BMW wanted to introduce the RR with class leading horsepower but compare it to the rest of the class and it's down on hp/torque right up to the top rpms where it takes over. That makes it fast on fast tracks but it looses that advantage in the turns. In several Brit mags it actually had slow lap times compared to other bikes like the CBR1000RR.

I'm not saying the BMW is a bad bike. Bless any manufacturer that delivers a bike like that at $14K:bowdown: I guess I see it like this: BMW caught the other guys sleeping. Take most of the top sportbikes, add TC, a speed shifter and a powerband shift toward horsepower and you're there. The real test of the BMW will be when the other guys respond with a little accessorizing of their top bikes in a year or so.

I just think the hype is a little over blown. And what's up with the lop sided body work?:whistle:

BMW investing big money to promote the S1000RR. I am so disappointed that MCN short shifted the BUSA! :banghead:
I wonder, the electronics should cut the speed @ 186MPH (as far as I know) but how BMW goes to 187 and change MPH? If the S1000RR is not restricted, MCN should compare it to non-restricted Busa.

But is the S1000RR a practical bike for daily life compare to stock Busa?

Cheers,:beerchug:

Busa still gets my vote. The two sport bikes should really be compared to the GSXR1000 and R1's IMHO. It's not all about 40 to 120mph in 4th gear, is it?

That bike was not a stock motor. Plus it was Brock ss motor IMO. With 120lb pro rider.
Busa still gets my vote. The two sport bikes should really be compared to the GSXR1000 and R1's IMHO. It's not all about 40 to 120mph in 4th gear, is it?

You'll always have the fastest bike in each class gunning fo the big dog. In this case it's the BUSA... :laugh:

Back