Washed the Aerostich today

880jedi

Registered
'Cause everyone believes that it's a testing ground for road grime, toxic dirt, and growing things that have yet to be named.

So I went and got some Oxy Clean pre-treatment spray and soaked the entire suit using the entire bottle. No need to hold back. Used all of it and took a little and put behind my ears for good luck.

I threw the suit into the bathtub and let it soak up the sauce for an hour, and then filled the tub with hot water and some laundry soap and submerged for 2 solid hours, using my bare hands to agitate every so often, checking to see if the internal temperature was OK.

Took the suit out and threw it into the washing machine for a cycle, and then into the dryer after.

The end result? It looks the same!!!!! I know that a bunch of dirt and road grime came out of the suit, but it still looks like hell. I guess the grime is so deep into the material, that it's permanent.

This will be my last attempt at making it look like new.

Before. Nasty, dirty, and looking sad. :banghead:
Bubble Bath Stich style 001.jpg

How does a suit get a bubble bath and not me? :rofl:
Bubble Bath Stich style 003.jpg

Call the Hazmat team. We have a crime scene here. :laugh:
Bubble Bath Stich style 004.jpg

After pictures. Yikes.
Bubble Bath Stich style 006.jpg

It is still a superior product from Aerostich, just not ever gona look new again. :bowdown:

Bubble Bath Stich style 001.jpg

Bubble Bath Stich style 003.jpg

Bubble Bath Stich style 004.jpg

Bubble Bath Stich style 006.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha, looks a little differnt`

You hang in there. I get told to wash my jacket a lot. :rofl:

Besides looking nasty... how do you like the suit? comfortable through out the seasons?

hot weather?
Thanks

I could be a poster child for this suit. I wear it year around. Rain, cold, hot, commute, and over-nighters too. Just like any piece of gear, I could find a few faults.

In the super hot days, (which we don't have too many here), it will cook you inside as soon as you stop. It was a long break in period, and some days it's a ***** to lug around if you don't want to secure it to your bike. In the dead of winter, many layers are needed to keep warm. (I don't run electrics).

I commute with it, so it's real easy to just show up to work and take off the suit and I'm ready for work. I can't give crash protection evaluation yet, thank goodness. The custom fit is perfect, and I'd recommend this to anyone that travels farther than a few miles from home. :thumbsup:

Have you emailed them about this, maybe they have something different or a different way to clean it??? We used industrial strength degrease to clean our yellow vest, but that shouldn't do the stitching any favors on the suit, but it did revitalize the color :laugh:

Have you emailed them about this, maybe they have something different or a different way to clean it??? We used industrial strength degrease to clean our yellow vest, but that shouldn't do the stitching any favors on the suit, but it did revitalize the color :laugh:

At this point in my life, I don't really care what it looks like. I ride. I'll leave looking good to the younger posers at the coffee shops. :thumbsup:

I think fire might be the only way to deal with that amount of grime! :laugh:

How long have you had that suit?

Maybe a dry-cleaner could do something with it?

I think fire might be the only way to deal with that amount of grime! :laugh:

How long have you had that suit?

Maybe a dry-cleaner could do something with it?

Suit is almost 3 years old and is worn year around. I'm now more worried if I find someting to remove the grime, it might look like I've got a spotted disease. :lol:

Back