Was black and now blue!

In10SS

Donating Member
Registered
Well I sold my black 07 yesterday and picked up a blue 08 today. I've liked the 2008's but didn't expect to get one since my '07 was less than a year old.  Wednesday I answered a post started by someone looking for a black 2007 in NC,and Friday my bike was gone.  I didn't waste any time completing the deal for the blue bike and I took it for a nice break in ride this afternoon.  My first impressions are that it seems much smoother at low RPM's especially when on & off of the throttle, I love having a gear indicator, the suspension is too soft for my 280 lbs, and the exhaust cans are huge!  It's way to quiet for me, too. The brakes aren't as good as I had expected after reading about all the improvements. It does not seem to pull quite as hard from down low as my '07.  I think I'll be going up two teeth on the rear (like I did on the '07) to 18/45 and getting a speedohealer.  I removed the stickers and gave it a good coat of polish and wax and snapped a couple of pictures, but you've all seen a stock blue bike. It's still sinking in that I have this bike! First thing in the morning I'll start with some of the basic mods to make it "mine". I called Joe S. for some buell pegs. I'm going to remove the rear mud flap and reflectors and try to use the brackets to construct a plate holder.  (Thanks to whoever thought of that one).  I'm hoping my helibars from the 07 will work on the new bike.  They look so close but no idea if the locating holes will match yet. I have a set of SS brake lines that were intended for my '07.  I need to see if they will work.  I'm sure I will need new pads.  After that, I'm probably going to have to focus on front fork springs and find out if the rear shock is the same as a 1st gen.  I have an Eibach rear spring that will work if it is.  No exhaust is in my budget yet unless I have a successful garage sale, but I'm curious if anyone has tried to shorten or otherwise mod the stock cans? Can you tell I'm kind of excited?

Congrats on the new bike...hellva turn around...out with the old and in with the new in a two day span...
bowdown.gif

nice.. i have an 07.. no real intrest for me starting over again right now lol. ill wait a few more years and just buty another one to add to the collection.

congrats. I sold my boat the same way. I made a comment about selling it one day on break and it was gone the next weekend.

Ref Heli bar fitment. I had Heli on old busa and have found that 08 Busa locating peg is onother side. Mark up and drill second hole and they fit fine .

Thanks Guys. I made a few updates today. I was able to install the helibars from my '07. All measurements were the same except the control's locating pin hole had to be redrilled exactly 180 degrees out from the gen 1 position. I added my 1" mirror extenders and trimmed the rear fender after removing reflectors & brackets. My 3/4" genmar spacer won't work, so I guess that is for sale. I'm debating if I should install the 1" raising links for the rear that I had ordered for my '07 last week and still don't know if the rear shock is same on this bike or if I'll be able to use the SS brake lines I ordered for the '07. I really wasn't planning on selling it, but I LOVE THIS BIKE!

newbus, That is exactly what I found with the helibars. I decided to just take it apart and see what gives this morning and took it for a ride this afternoon They sure make a difference. I appreciate your post, as sometimes a little moral support can kick you into gear instead of standing around wondering if something will work. Now if I could just figure out how to get my pictures hosted so I can post them!

Back