Warranty Issues and Suzuki\'s Compliance

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
A while back people were talking about motor noises and rod bearings.

Clunking noises in the front of the fairing(steering damper on its heim joints flopping about).

Shifting problems(false neutrals).

Clutch creeping at stoplights.

Intermittant engine cutout.

Chain wear and rear wheel cushdrive hub casting imperfections.

Has anyone presented these issues to a dealer and what have been outcome on the behalf of Suzuki.

hey kawabuser, i've had no problems with mine UNTIL last night. i have 1700 miles on mine and was on my way home from the dealer when the damn thing just died going down the highway in top gear at 70 mph. after twisting the throttle several times (in vain) it finally fired back up. then, several more times on the highway on my way home. when i got off the highway, and on the side streets, it cutoff several times while decelerating to a stop at a light. had to restart the bike. it has started back up, but none the less, should not have died. then, after stopping to make a right turn on red, (legal in virginia) it died in mid turn. now as i'm sure your all aware, when you lean into a sharp right hand turn while accelerating from a stop, you can imagine what it's like to suddenly in mid turn and lean, not have ANY acceleration. the bike just wants to drop. this happened to me. scary. anyway, i'm just dying to know what is causing this problem. i read previous posts about cutout, but never replied cause mine hasn't had any problems. let me know if you find out. i'm working on finding out myself. got a feeling that it's either the crank shaft sensor, or the ecu.
mike

Hiabuser I recently had similar problem with engine cutout. When decelerating to stopsign my bike has cutout. For the most part this has happened when rideing the bike no more than a 1/2 mile. And only one after a short hop on the highway after paying a toll I came to a light which turned green upon approach, then when iI turned left it died. I rolled to a stop and then it would start while coasting it would not fire. Come to think of it this problem has happened mostly when turning left. I have a Shop Service Manual, there is a tilt sensor that kills the ECU and Fuel supply should the bike fall over. I wonder if there may be a problem with this sensor??? The next time this happens I will drive directly to a suzuki dealer and have them hook it up to their diagnostic tool. Do not shut the bike off with the key as this will erase the RAM in the bikes computer and will not show up as a problem form the bikes memory.

My serial # is 929 maybe their is a problem with in a range of bike VIN #'s.

Hiabuser post your VIN/Serial #.

If we all post similar problems maybe we can get Suzuki to address the problem(one of the purposes of this site)

Had same type of problem when I had my 98TL100R.The bike would cut out at times and did a shutdown after I filled the tank with gas and was leaving the gas station turning right and the engine died,almost dumped the bike.I'm sure it has something to do with the fuel system since both bikes have FI and maybe we are having some kind of vapor lock or fuel starvation due to the way the fuel lines are routed over the engine.My 2Cents

Mine cut out for the first time yesterday. 2800 miles on the bike. I was riding straight at about 60 mph in 6th. It cut out for about 5 seconds then returned to normal. About 10 seconds later the same thing happened. I rode about 10 more minutes and had no reoccurrence. Sounds like a common problem. What's going on?

My only problem has been the drive chain,the amount it has strecthed in less than 200 miles is incredible,a service tech at my dealership told me that chain stretch was normal in a high HP bike(gimme a break)and Suzuki will not warranty drive chain since its a normal wear item,well I own a built GSXR 1100(167 rwhp)and it never had this problem,I think this chain is substandard from the factory.

I don't think this is a real common problem
or nearly all of us would be having this problem. I've made one adjustment at 400 miles since buying my Busa and it hasn't stretch enough since then to warrant another adjustment. I'm at 1700 miles now and while I don't go to the local quarter mile strip for countless banzai runs I'm not exactly Mr. light-throttle either. I'll keep a close eye on it though based on the experiences of the few I've heard from.

I noticed a dramatic amout of wear in my chain at 170 miles. I left a red light at a normal pace, and whacked the throttle a little to make the front jump, and I heard the chain jump about ten or so teeth, so I adjusted it, and again at about 550 miles. I now have 1900 on it and it doesn't need to be adjusted yet. Maybe the wear factor eases up after a few hundred miles??

I went to my dealer to talk to the service manager about the chain stretch,there were 2 `Busas where the chains broke and cause some serious damage.

Mine is #093 it did have the intermittent engine cut out problem,but since the camchain tensoiner took a poop Monday,Big problems have surfaced.

My 2 cents on the chain stretch. The bike may be letting the rear axle slide forward. The torque on most rear axles is 80 ft lbs, most people tighten them to 50-60 ft lbs with out a torque wrench and think it is tight. the adjuster bolts are NOT to hold the axle in place after the adjustment, it is done by the torque of the axle bolt and the adjuster. Try torquing the axle nut to it's specification after the chain adjustment.

Back