Warning about a fellow member......

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>WARNING:</span></span> This is VERY, VERY, VERY long, but it has to be for a full explanation of what happened. You will understand if you read it all. I apologize in advance for the eye-strain you are going to have after this.

Let me start by saying that I have honestly been hoping that I would not have to make this post. I have been waiting for this to be resolved, but it appears that the other member has chosen not to try and work this out. With that said, here it is:

The members info: (All of this info is in his )
Screen name is: <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>vrsca2003</span>
Real name is: John Sparks

I have been trying to sell my 2003 Hayabusa for about a month now. John sent me a PM making me an offer to buy it. Although it was less than I wanted, I figured since he was a board member, I would let him have it at a reduced price. I sent him a PM to let him know, and then we started trying to work out the details of the purchase. The following are copies of the PM's, but I have X'ed out the private info that's not in our profiles.

June 22 2005,16:34
(vrsca2003)
would you take $XXXX for it. Im not trying to lowball, but thats truthfully all i have saved up. I sold my 2005 hayabusa to POSTAL on this web board because at the time i was goin through a difficult time with the wifey. Just let me know. I have the money available and can drive to pick it up.

John Sparks

XXX-XXX-XXXX[/QUOTE]

June 23 2005,04:32
(vrsca2003)(stkr00 @ June 22 2005,23:42)
John,I talked it over with the wife, and she said it was up to me since it was my bike. I'll take your offer.I'll make a deal with you though. If you'll cover my gas to meet you half way, then I'll take the bike in to have the 8K mile service done prior to meeting. We paid for a service contract through the local dealership so it won't cost me anything, but it will save you from needing to pay for it later. The bike will have about 7500 miles on it when you get it...maybe less. If I can't get the bike in before we meet, then I'll cover my own gas.The halfway point of the trip looks to be around Youngstown Ohio where I-80 turns into I-76 according to Mapquest and Yahoo Maps. These are toll roads though. If you want to choose a non-toll route, that would be fine with me. Payment idea: You may not want to do this and I'll understand if you don't, but... If you send the Cashier's check before the delivery, then I can take it to the bank, and once it clears, then I can have them release the lien from the title. This way, you get a clean title upon delivery. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the title until everything is cleared.

Talk to you soon,
Jim
Contact Info:
(Jim)
<span style='color:blue'>EDIT: address removed</span>
Home: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Cell: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Work: XXX-XXX-XXXX ext-51[/QUOTE]
Ok, sounds good on the service. Tina and i are going to go and get a cashiers check today so we can get the ball rolling. I will call you later on today so we can get these plans going.

thanks again.

john sparks [/QUOTE]

June 24 2005,16:14
(vrsca2003)
I lost your phone # or you can give me a call if you get the chance.

John

<span style='color:red'>I have a cashiers check ready.</span>[/QUOTE]

June 26 2005,07:28
(vrsca2003)
(stkr00 @ June 24 2005,17:55)
(vrsca2003 @ June 24 2005,16:14)
I lost your phone # or you can give me a call if you get the chance.

John

I have a cashiers check ready.[/QUOTE]
John,

Home phone XXX-XXX-XXXX Cell phone XXX-XXX-XXXX

I have the bike scheduled to go in for service on Tuesday evening to be serviced on Wednesday. I should be able to pick it up on Thursday.If you want to meet on Saturday, July 2nd, we can do that. We can just go with the original plan of meeting, and then I'll get you the title when the bank is paid off. I'll just have to get your info to fill out the buyer portion of the title. We can do this when we meet. If you don't have a problem waiting a week or so to get the title, then this should work out for us.Give me a call later on tonight...I've got some errands to run now, and then I'll be home later.Thanks,Jim Foreman

Jim,[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Ive been in and out of the hospital all weekend with my son (asthma attacks). Everythings still a go. Sorry i havent called, just trying to take care of priority one first.

John[/QUOTE]

This is where we stopped sending PM's and started making phone calls to each other. I didn't write down all of the dates, since I didn't think I had a reason to. Here's the call history:

June 27th:
Called John and talked to him about the meeting time and route. Due to his son’s condition, and the July 4th weekend, we decided to put everything on hold for a week, and do the meeting on July 9th.

June 28th:
Took the Busa in for its 8000 mile service so that John wouldn’t have to worry about it right away.

June 30th:
Picked the Busa up from the dealership.

July 6th:
Sent John an e-mail about changing the location to Morehead Kentucky due to it being an easier route for both him and myself.

July 7th:
I called John and talked to him briefly on his cell phone. I told him the new meeting location and time. He said that the new location would be fine. He then said he had to go to a meeting, so I asked him to just give me a call at home that night.

I never heard from him.

July 8th:
Picked up the trailer from a friend. Spent Friday evening loading the bike on the trailer and preparing for the trip to Kentucky.

Tried to call John’s cell phone two different times, but never got an answer...only his voice mail. Left a message for him to call me, but never got a call back.

My wife asked me if I was still going, and I told her that I had to go since I had already talked to him on Thursday when John said that everything was fine. If I didn’t go, and John showed up, then all of my credibility would be ruined. I had to go on the faith that John would hold up his end of the deal, since that was what he said he was going to do.

This is the schedule/messages for July 9th. This was when we were supposed to meet. I tried to quote every message from my cell phone so that I cannot be accused of taking anything out of context, or misunderstanding what was sent.

July 9th (the road trip day)
<ul>
[*]4:00 am, I left the house and headed for Morehead Kentucky to meet John.
[*]12:00 pm, I Arrived at Morehead Kentucky.
[*]12:00pm – 1:50pm, I waited in Morehead Kentucky for John.
I couldn’t get cellular service with my phone, so I used the cashier’s phone to call John’s cell phone. I didn’t get an answer, so I left him a voice mail with the location, and the phone number, of the BP station.
[*]1:50 pm, I left Morehead Kentucky and headed home.
[*]2:50 pm: This is when the text messaging between John and I started.
<ul>
[*]2:50pm John: (sent at 12:08) “I am broke down in west va. My cell service is going in and out. Im waiting for AAA nowâ€
[*]2:53pm Jim: “Where at?â€
[*]3:09pm Jim: “I turned around. Headed to WV. Need your location†(This was when I stopped, and got gas. Figured I could go ahead and meet him and help him out if possible)
[*]3:11pm John: “I’m heading home. My motor locked up, truck/me are on the rollback.â€
[*]3:14pm Jim: “Where at?â€
[*]3:16pm John: “im in Staunton, va right now. I have no signal that y im not answering.â€
[*]3:18pm Jim: “What do you want to do about the Busa?†(Figuring he may want to back out due to truck repair costs. Giving him the chance if he does want to cancel the deal.)
[*]3:20pm John: “I will send you the cashiers check Monday. And I’ll just make arrangements to come to get it, if that’s ok with u.â€
[*]3:24pm Jim: “That’s fine. Good luck with your truck. Call me when you get home.
[*]3:25pm John: “Thanks, im really sorry to put u out of ur way. This absolutely sucks. Damn towtruck doesn’t have ac either.â€
[*]3:44pm Jim: “The girl @ the BP was HOT. I’ll post pics.
[*]3:46pm John: “That’s too funny, cuz im riding with the typical greasy ass oil soaked tow truck driver. Aarggghh!!â€
[/list][/list]

That was the last contact that I have had from him since July 9th. I sent him a PM and left him a voice mail to call me Sunday night, but never heard from him. I thought that I would at least hear from him on Monday, letting me know that the check had been sent, and maybe an “I’m sorry about the trip…†call, but I have heard nothing.

I sent this PM on Monday:
(stkr00)
John,

I'm not sure what's going on. You've logged in at least twice since we were supposed to meet, and haven't contacted me like I asked you to. What's the deal?

I've spent a lot of time and money trying to help you out on this purchase. Hell, I was turned around and ready to bring the bike to you, but you replied that you were already on the tow truck.

If this is a game your playing, then please stop and just let me know. If you are still serious about getting the Busa, then please call me and lets work it out.

Please try to look at it from my perspective. I drove almost 500 miles one way to meet you, and I honestly do not have any proof that you were broke down. I have to take your word for it. The part that really bothers me, is your lack of communication. Why is it so hard for you to just call me back? That's all I asked you to do.

Please call me tonight XXX-XXX-XXXX

Jim[/QUOTE]

I also sent a text message for him to please call me, and gave him my number again.

John has not logged into the board since July 10th @ 4:18 pm.

Like I said...I'm sorry to have to post this about a fellow Hayabusa.org member, but I feel that all of you should be aware of this in case you have any dealings with him.

I have waited until today...checking the mailbox everyday...hoping that he would prove me wrong by sending me the check, but he has not. He has disappointed me and has also disrespected the site that we have all grown to call home.

You can make your own decision about John Sparks (vrsca2003), but my mind is made up. Feel free to send him a PM or e-mail through the board, and ask him if what I'm telling you is true. I doubt you'll ever get a response, but then again you might get lucky.

Maybe a PM campaign to vrsca2003 might get him to respond.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Okay, I'm finished now. If you read through the whole thins, then I appluade you. I am sorry for the length, but it was needed for clarity.

Take care everybody
cool.gif

BTW: My Busa is STILL up for sale to the first person with the money. Even vrsca2003.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "removed my address"|1121440293 -->

wink.gif

Wow, Jim! This sucks. Kind of at a loss for words. This...well, just sucks. To be honest, I don't recall seeing ANY post AT ALL on the board from this particular member. Where the heck did he come from?

I read the whole thing and I remember your post a few days ago........I'm so sorry for such a bad deal. You seem like a good guy. I just don't understand people sometimes. Good luck at selling bike to someone else.

That really sucks! I remember reading your intial post with pic's of the BP gas attendant. Can't believe you went through all that trouble and got shafted. Hope you are able to sell for a great price and soon!! Sorry you had to go through all that!

How difficult is it to pick up the phone and keep you informed of what's going on ? I smell a rat..

I hate this happened to you...But this is the internet...I've had nothing but good results and have never talked via phone to anyone that I had a deal with...You lost time and gas money so in a sense your still to the good...You'll sell the bike it might take a minute but you'll be just fine...As for the other party I want ever deal with him...We need a deals gone bad forum...

Thanks guys
cool.gif

cache...You're right...no mass PM's everybody.
wink.gif
A few couldn't hurt though
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "can't friggin type"|1121440437 -->

STKR -
Sorry to hear about this. I haven't had anything bad happen or any negative interaction on the board so I'm really dissapointed that you are having this problem. I hope that something isn't seriously wrong with the guy's son ........
Well, I hope you sell your bike and good on ya for trying to help out another .org Bro!

That sucks....!!!

Thats no way to do business with anyone... ifya dont intend to buy it dont make offers!! If you you do make offeres, and then get in a fix thats not letting you complete the transaction... atleast keep the other guy posted about it!!

...do you get it vrsca2003
mad.gif

Irresponsible bastids!!

sry to hear that... that truely is a pisser..

Hey JOHN were ya at man...
guns.gif

lets hear your side of things....
rock.gif

sorry to hear that it didnt work out and ya have invested money in the sale. seems like it shouldnt have been any problem ya gave him the chance to just let ya know but he chose not too. Im new to the board but every transaction here has been flawless.
biggrin.gif
for the most part this is a good group of people
beerchug.gif

Yeah, it's a shame...I'm hoping the guy steps up and at least explains himself to Jim so there are no hard feelings...
sad.gif

Jim, next time THEY pick up the bike...no deliveries, as much as I'd love to have you in my neck of the woods...stay put and make the buyer bring you the check and get the bike...
blush.gif

Wow I have bought a bunch of things from board members and sold 1 thing to a board member and all deals have been great on the money and what was promised. I hate that people come and screw that up.

Maybe it is a misunderstanding. See what could have happened was upon returning home a freak lightning storm happened which fried his computer and phone lines b/c he was using dialup. Upon the panicing he dropped his cell in the toilet.

Or he could just be a punk.

That really sucks!  I remember reading your intial post with pic's of the BP gas attendant.  Can't believe you went through all that trouble and got shafted.  Hope you are able to sell for a great price and soon!!  Sorry you had to go through all that!
So, where are the pics of the BP attendant???

smile.gif
cool.gif

Please don't get me wrong here...

I didn't mean to imply that no-one is to be trusted on the board. I was only wanting to warn everybody about the ONE individual that screwed it up for me personally. It even took me a long time to figure out what to title the post as, so I didn't give the wrong impression.

I tried to be very factual in my posting and tried to keep the emotional side out of it. That's why I quoted all of the text messages. If I had truely spoken my mind and expressed my feelings, then this topic would have been deleted as soon as the mods saw it. I have enough respect for the them, not to put them in that position. They have enough work as it is.

Back