Want your Gauge Cluster Backlight Color Changed?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
After changing my own cluster, I have decided to offer help to members who want their gauge cluster color changed. I will offer this to anyone who wants it don't for $75, 40 bucks cheaper than what others want for the same. For that price i will change your gauge cluster to any color you want and ship it back to you using USPS Priority Mail. There are 30 quite small surface mount LEDs on each gauge cluster. I buy the brightest and nicest LEDs i found on the internet and tested on a practice junk board off of eBay. I chose the brightest and best quality color LEDs from all the ones I ordered. Between Ozonium and eLED is who i get my LEDs from depending on the colors. I am charging a bit more to do this over cost of the LEDs because of the amount of time I have to put into it and also the cost of the nicer adjustable soldering iron kit i bought to use for this reason.

If you have any questions about the process or anything about it just send me a PM or email me at rjusmc@gmail.com. I will only take a few clusters a week because it takes time to do each gauge cluster. It takes about an hour and a half to two hours per board which includes replacing the LEDs, cleaning the gauge board, and testing the cluster on my personal busa. If you prefer to call my number is (239)634-9234. I work 630-500 most days so later on in the best time to call. I can try to call you back on my lunch break or if i get a chance to get away. Just throw me a text message or leave a voicemail :thumbsup:

Note I can only take Gen1 clusters because I only have my Gen1 to test the clusters on.

My credentials are below. I am certified in microminiature circuit board repair and is a part of my daily job since I got back from the course in November.

IMAG0052.jpg

Gauge1.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

DSC08101.jpg

That is sick dude. What would we need to do send you the board?

Also, how did you get the design of the EGA. Or where :beerchug:

Unfortunately not because i dont have a Gen2 to test the clusters on :-( I could do them but in the small chance there was some discrepancy like a solder bridge, i may not catch that and fix it before the cluster left my possession so I would rather just not take the chance :poke:

That is sick dude. What would we need to do send you the board?

Also, how did you get the design of the EGA. Or where :beerchug:

I got the EGA gauge faces from Webslinger. He can make anything you can think of and more

Just send me the cluster itself. You dont have to take anything apart. I will change the LEDs, put it all back together, and test the gauges on my bike before i send them back.

Hmmmmmm...... I may pull the trigger on this.

Red if you are in then i'm in as well. Are you scrapping the idea we talked about? I will be in FL next week and I think my other cluster has arrived, so if the other idea is out then this will be my alternate route since I have my new gauges goin to HI now. LMK

next time u are in cape coral i have a gen 2 and live in port charlotte u can do mine in blue and see if there are any differeces:thumbsup:

too bad you didn't post this up about two weeks ago, i would've had time to send the cluster to you.

Please please study on how to light the needles brighter because I will DEF be in for shipping you my cluster

Only thing holdin me back now is the lack of brightness on the needles.

Back