Want to go single sided!

Damn, that thing is massive!
SHOCKED.gif

I would think rubber would break loose before transferring enough torque to tweak THAT.
rock.gif

(rubber2burn @ Jul. 01 2007,15:29)
(Cookie @ Jul. 01 2007,14:19) The whole point of the stock busa swingarm and others with double bracing is to handle exceeded torque numbers.

The inherent problem (and worries) with one sided swing arms is that if you launch and torque is beyond what the arm can handle you will find yourself with a rear tire that will try to bend or get totally out of shape. And the extremes of that can go in any directions depending on many variables,,, probably something you don't want to experience.

You're talking about a supercharger (probably from TTS I am guessing), so I don't know what numbers you will exceed.

You might want to run this same question by Frank's crew over on Ask others more experienced that have mounted them. I have never had that privilege.

Loads of money! Have fun! Keep us up on your build, especially with the S/C. I, personally would like to see that!
super.gif
That is my point Sir if you are looking at increasing HP and Torque you will want to stay with the Stock swing arm or an Braced extend swing arm because they are made to handle large HP and Torque. That is why I said what I did. Now if you are looking for something that is just for show and you don't plan on doing any drag racing then go ahead and buy single side swing arm.
super.gif
beerchug.gif

super.gif

You never said YES or NO on that supercharger,, did you get it from TTS in the UK? How muchy? Still have to cut a hole in the lower fairing? How many pounds boost are you going to run?

You better post pics of that install!!!! Or else!!
super.gif

(Cookie @ Jul. 02 2007,01:06) You never said YES or NO on that supercharger,, did you get it from TTS in the UK?  How muchy?  Still have to cut a hole in the lower fairing? How many pounds boost are you going to run?

You better post pics of that install!!!! Or else!!
super.gif
I will be getting the TTS from a place in NJ that carries/installs them got a quote of 8K installed and tuned. I will be installing the spacer plate and running 8 lbs of boost, or I just might go with a big bore and lower compression and run the same 8 lbs of boost. This won't happen till the end of this riding season when I can't ride! I had thought of turbo but figured everyone does that?

SuperMontage.jpg

Sweet. I think I remember there being a slight cut away for the bottom part of the belt drive. No big deal since turbo guys cut theirs for the blow off/dump pipe.

I hope you keep a log or can have someone snap progressive pics thru the install! Would be nice to see!
cool.gif

Thanks for getting back!

(Cookie @ Jul. 03 2007,01:43) Sweet. I think I remember there being a slight cut away for the bottom part of the belt drive. No big deal since turbo guys cut theirs for the blow off/dump pipe.

I hope you keep a log or can have someone snap progressive pics thru the install! Would be nice to see!  
cool.gif

Thanks for getting back!
I will see how much for just the kit at that time and install it myself, then go to HPC for tuning
beerchug.gif

Back