Walk down memory lane

Very cool share, Michelle. I can definitely see the resemblance between you and your grandfather in that wedding picture. :thumbsup:

My Dad looks just like my grandfather, and I favor both of them in every way, including being uber stubborn :laugh: My Dad used to complain so much about my grandfather, things he'd do the way he'd do 'em, and I told him "You're the same way, and you're going to be a PITA just like him! And, I'm going to be just like both of you!" :rofl: I cherish being like them both...too bad for Omar, right? :laugh:

More old pics of my grandfather...he used to work for Martin Marietta (now Lockheed Martin), and he could make anything out of anything. He had Popular Mechanics lying around and read it faithfully for most of his life. He played a role in building the rover that we took to the moon :thumbsup:

And he was in the Navy; oddly, I've never seen any pics of him in uniform :dunno:

PopPopPortrait.jpg

PopPopPortrait2.jpg

PopPopPortrait3.jpg

I love this thread! Thanks for sharing your family with us.

Wish I had the opportunity to know my grandfathers.

I love this thread! Thanks for sharing your family with us.

Wish I had the opportunity to know my grandfathers.

Thanks for reading about 'em...I'm pretty overwhelmed at seeing these photos, and I love old photos, just didn't realize these existed until a few days ago.

I had the pleasure of knowing all of my grandparents; unfortunately the ones I was closest too all my life are now gone :down: I still have grandparents (my Mom's parents) alive and well in NC, but we're not close at all, sadly...I also had the pleasure of knowing both great grandmothers; one lived for 89 years and the other was 104 when she passed away. I can't imagine what her life was like, living for over a century, during so much amazing changes in America, the first car, roads to towns, cities being created and thriving...at 100, we gave her a huge birthday party and she still knew every single one of us. We should all be so fortunate in life :thumbsup: I do count my blessings when it comes to my family; I'm beyond fortunate to have known so many.

Back