Bots - here's your ammo - I'm a movie star!! LOL

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I posted this up years ago, but then Omar did something to the oRg's database and it was lost...still haven't gotten over that day *sniff*

Back story, I was a child of the 70's, living in Colorado. My Mom was friends with documentary filmmakers that were doing a story on us dropping the bomb on Hiroshima. I vividly recall the filmmakers returning from Japan with souvenirs for my sister and I. Anyway, along the same story line, my parents, along with many in our neighborhood were just learning that we'd all bought new homes mere miles from the largest plutonium storage facility in the U.S. Yay, right? It's the reason I'm in Virginia now :laugh: My family decided they couldn't raise their young family so close to something so controversial, and during this time of finding this out, going to rallies and knowing the filmmakers, my family ended up in the documentary. It went on to win an Emmy Award, and the Sundance Film Festival award, some others...even showed up on TBS when I was a teenager and I recall my Dad recorded it on one of those lumpy old VHS tapes :laugh:

I'd been trying to get it on DVD for years, and never could find it, then a few years ago, I'm on :google: OMG, there it is...and bonus, I'm featured in a photo for one of the chapters. Little disheartening that the chapter was entitled "Genetic Mutations" but hey, can't be picky can I?! I'm in a movie :rofl:

I showed this to my boys last weekend and they were both quite amused, seeing their grandparents, and me, their aunt...my old house, etc...

Anyway, for Bots, NOW you understand why I'm slightly left of center...I'm a genetic mutation and spent a few years next to Rocky Flats, the largest plutonium storage facility in America! So, cut me a break, will ya?! :rofl:

I'm the kid in the middle of the shot where 3 kids are playing on the dirt hill...the family shot shows me (my teddy bear) and my Mom and Dad, our old T-Bird...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Va, You just explained ALOT, I have a MUCH better understanding of you NOW.. :laugh:

GsxrBots said:
Will you sign my copy at the bash?:poke:

It'll be hard with her lobster claw of a hand she has from bein so close the plutonium, but I'm she she can scratch something into the case for ya.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Glad I could clear things up guys. I just knew you'd be understanding once you knew the whole story :whistle:

Doesn't look like Bots is being very supportive though... :rulez:

It'll be hard with her lobster claw of a hand she has from bein so close the plutonium, but I'm she she can scratch something into the case for ya.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I had that fixed with surgery...jeez...tough crowd. See if I save a turtle in your name now Frogface... :laugh:

Sorry I just could not RESIST... VaBusaSloth :rofl: :poke:

Oh Im going to get my ass Beat at the Bash!!

sloth_goonies1.jpg

Back