Walk down memory lane

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I stumbled across these photos in a book one of my aunts made for her siblings, since the loss of both parents (my grandparents). I fell to pieces looking at the old photos, many of which I'd never seen. I miss my grandparents SOOOOOOO very much, but I smile seeing these memories. I need to get my own digital copies; sorry for the quality, but I snapped pics with my DX while sobbing :down:

I see the two-wheeled fun started with both of them :thumbsup:

MomMomBicycle.jpg

PopPopBicycle.jpg

Wedding.jpg

Motorcycle.jpg

And my grandfather, I called him Pop Pop, was the light of my life!! I was forever climbing all over him, and he was so much fun to be around...

That's me on Pop Pop's lap, and my me bugging him while he ate :laugh: My Dad said to me last night "You were always hanging all over him" :)

I miss them both so much :love:

PopPopUs.jpg

MeWithMyPopPop.jpg

My grandfather built himself a boat once he moved to Virginia and bought a house on the water...I loved that boat, the details, the work he put in to it...

PopPopsBoat.jpg

WithFish.jpg

And I like this photo, though I'm not yet sure who the kid in it is :laugh:

My grandparents were married 63 years before we lost my grandfather...amazing considering how marriages last today.

WithCar.jpg

And I love these shots. That old house in the background was my great grandparents' plantation home...the stories my great grandmother would tell about living there, the things she'd said she'd seen (ghost stories mostly, and one headless horseman story) always thrilled all of the kids.

This house was really worn down in these shots, but by the time I came alone, they'd fixed the place up some. I stayed in the bedroom on the second floor, window along the front, right side of the picture, and I'd stay up all night, thinking I heard things walking around in the house. I'd look outside and see so much darkness and have to pee so bad, but you had to go outside to the outhouse OR pee in a pot (one pot was under each bed in the house)...I couldn't bring myself to do either, so I'd stay awake all night, waiting for sunrise just so I could go to the bathroom :laugh:

I hated it when my great grandmother sold the old place; it was waterfront, went to a wealthy doctor and his wife, and they tore walls out for scenic views of the water, just made it not look anything like it originally did. Love to know how old it is; I have no clue...

OldHouse.jpg

OldHouse2.jpg

Its always good to look back to the one's that helped make you who you are, ESPECIALLY FAMILY! :bowdown: Nice sharing PINKY!:cheerleader:

Very cool share, Michelle. I can definitely see the resemblance between you and your grandfather in that wedding picture. :thumbsup:

My Dad is still alive and kicking at 82; I get as many pics of him with my daughter as I can, because I remember his Dad (my grandfather) and I want that for her when my Dad is gone...

I have roughly 2000 photo's on my pc. Maybe 5 with family. makes me think I should make some time for that.

Back