VP racing fuel

DING

Registered
Hey guys,
I am planning to buy VP fuel for my busa, Any thing I should know before purchasing?

what is the difference between the green bottle and the purple one.

which one should I buy?

Screenshot_20240526_190333.jpg

Screenshot_20240526_190331.jpg

We have a few VP stations in the area. Never tried them. I found a few places that sell non-ethanol (93?) for when she'll be sitting for a while. When I'm out in the middle of nowhere it's not unusual that 87 is the only thing on offer. Thankfully I've never heard her rattle.

As I recall, the competitive MX kids buy the 5 gallon drums of "oxygenated" VP to go fast. Never tried it.

Let us know what you think.

IMG_7635-M.jpg

I highly doubt that small amount will do anything at all. Not knocking it but I personally wouldn’t get my hopes up on a magical ride. I doubt you’ll notice anything other than a lighter wallet.
I've been told about 10hp will be added if u use the whole bottle vp fuel

Seems like a waste of money to me for ordinary street riding but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to dump a can in your tanks and see if there's any improvement in engine performance.

As you will note, these tests were done on a tuned bike....probably with the ECU remapped for both race fuel and non race fuel.

And the circled one is with a bike with a full exhaust, aftermarket air filter, fully tuned, velocity stacks.

I've watched Moore Mafia videos and they don't mix race fuel with non race fuel, they drain the system completely before switching....

In my opinion (not that it's worth much) this would be a pain in the arse for regular everyday riding....

If it's more power you are looking for on the cheap, there's no such thing.

As you will note, these tests were done on a tuned bike....probably with the ECU remapped for both race fuel and non race fuel.

And the circled one is with a bike with a full exhaust, aftermarket air filter, fully tuned, velocity stacks.

I've watched Moore Mafia videos and they don't mix race fuel with non race fuel, they drain the system completely before switching....

In my opinion (not that it's worth much) this would be a pain in the arse for regular everyday riding....

If it's more power you are looking for on the cheap, there's no such thing.
Understood. It seems useless.

the vp fuel is MR12. Its over 120 for 5 gallons.. That 20 dollar additive will not produce same results

There was a station near the drag strip back home that had a pump with 100 or maybe it was 110 octane unleaded. It was like $6 a gallon back in 2004-2005. I used to put it in my Blackbird when we'd go to the thursday night test and tune and just run for fun. It didn't hurt anything obviously but MAN it smelled sooooo goooood lol. That sweet smell of race fuel is intoxicating.

Back