voodoo or brocks

597busa

Registered
Trying to decide on which exhaust to go with. Like the brocks sidewinder but i feel the same about the voodoo. Anyone out there have a preference or knowaldge of differences and performance. It will be on a 02 busa. Thanks

thanks hey i see you have a speedo healer how was that to install? need to get one and its on the list for a must have by spring.

performance wise, voodoo is just a tip, brocks is a full system, but you might think about a short meg or street meg, as the sidewinder actually hurts your right hand cornering clearance.

its a everyday rider and occasional drag night. i was running straight headers but tired of the performance loss and as much as i liked the loudness of it you had to wear earplugs for extended rides or plan on hearing bells and whistles in you ears for the next 3 to 4 hours. with the bike being lowered so low and extended i want to keep the streamline look. I have a hindle titanium pipe for it and it makes it real quiet but it is not the look I want. I also have aftermarket headers so it is a single pipe not duel. I am weighing my options without dropping a ton of money on a whole system. any thoughts and opions from anyone is greatly appreciated

I have voodoo pipes. They really don't do much for performance but i don't run it down the track either more street and commute. I do love the sound of my voodoos. Would love to upgrade to Brocks in the future but have a hard time shelling out the 1K in coin on exhaust. Its at the top of my Xmas wish list right now.

its a everyday rider and occasional drag night. i was running straight headers but tired of the performance loss and as much as i liked the loudness of it you had to wear earplugs for extended rides or plan on hearing bells and whistles in you ears for the next 3 to 4 hours. with the bike being lowered so low and extended i want to keep the streamline look. I have a hindle titanium pipe for it and it makes it real quiet but it is not the look I want. I also have aftermarket headers so it is a single pipe not duel. I am weighing my options without dropping a ton of money on a whole system. any thoughts and opions from anyone is greatly appreciated

Shorten your Hindle muffler, it's easy and it's free. The muffler will get louder the you shorter you cut it. Still having good sound, and backpressure for a little more power than just tips.
Start with about 4" to 6" to start. Drill the rivets out, remove the pipe end(you may have to drill the rivets on the endcap too, depends on the muffler)
Pull the center section of the muffler out of the case, just the same as if you were repacking it. Or simply cut straight through once the pipe end is off. You'll cut the outside and inside in one shot. Cut the length off you want(bandsaw, portaband, or even a hacksaw), put the ends back on, mark your holes with a sharpie, drill new holes, pop rivet back, done. It's easier to just cut length off the pipe end, but you can do both if you like. Try pulling the center out the bottom end before you drill and remove the end cap. That's just extra work if it'll come apart without having to remove the endcap too, just depends on how that particular muffler is designed.
This is oldschool, and good for more sound and looks.
You never NEED a power commander, ECU Editor, or anything to alter your fuel map either. However, one of these with a good dyno tune is the way to get the best performance from whatever exhaust you have. Some exhaust just make more hp than others. Check out the Brock's Alien Head, awesome sound and power. Brock's will sell all their systems with a power commander with their fuel map preloaded too. This will get your very close, and the bike will run great, but a dyno tune will smooth out everything.

Go get a Full 4-1 Brock's Alien Head, a Power Commander, and a real tuning on a dyno. This full exhaust system is one component of the ultimate Hayabusa.

Voodoo's are just slip-on's, no comparison to a good 4-1 Full Exhaust System.

The bike will actually run worse than stock with the Voodoo or any other shorty slip on than with stock. The sound might give you the illusion that is running better but that is not the case. They just do not have enough back pressure in the exhaust. The sound is more raspy than a Brock. Brock sidewinders, alien heads, and short megaphones all sound throaty and loud but not raspy like shorty slip ons. The sidewinders sound mean but as said before you loose clearance for corning. I also might add that they are a pain in the rear to install and the oil filter can be hard to get to unless you buy an oil filter relocation kit. The Brock alien head and short megaphone have a sound that is pretty darn close. The short megaphone has a removable baffle if you want to make it louder or go to the track. If you are going on a long trip and want to quite the bike down Brock has noise reduction plugs that are simple to bolt and quite it down a bit. The noise reduction plug can easily be removed when you get back from your trip to make it louder again. I personally think the short megaphone is the best bang for the buck. We sell 5 alien head systems to one short meg. But I think the only reason is the appearance because the short meg is less expensive and the same as far as performance, sound, weight. Looks just as nice to me...but everyone has a different idea of what looks best. If you decide to go with any Brock system give us a call we stock them and can give you the best deal.

888-511-BIKE(2453)

I wouldn't even compare voodoo against Brock's. If you want an exhaust get Brock's if all you want is an exhaust pipe tip get the voodoo or head over to the local muffler shop and just pickout a chrome exhaust tip.

VooDoo does actually have a header that goes 4 into 1.Dont know the performance but I doubt its close to a brocks.I have a shorty tip with a baffle and it sounds good, pulls real hard on top but lost bottom end.I did it mainly for the sound.I am going to get a brocks as well, because the look, sound and support is top notch and Josh at BallZ has them at a great price.

Back