Vmax Board

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
I got a Vmax from another member here... I want to use it for my cruiser and unload the Harley (finally!). There is a lot I have to learn about this bike and need help. From a basic google search, I could not find much. Anyone know of some good i-net sites for the Vmax? It makes me realize how lucky we are to have two top-notch Busa boards!!!

Thanks

Doc,

I've done a number of searches for a Vmax forum, but have not had any success. I did find a group of Max owners on yahoo, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

There are a fair number of Vmax websites, but none of which have an actual forum for sharing information like we have on this site.

I'm still looking though. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I have a vmax and plan on getting a Busa in the next week or so...I am curious to know how you feel the max compares to the Busa...in terms of "off the line", and roll on's from say 30 to 100 mph. I rode a Busa a few weeks ago, but I rode it like an old lady...due to not being familiar with such a beast. The test ride was more for me to see how the ergonomics felt...I already know it has mind blowing power. One thing I do know is that 100 mph on a Busa feels like 50 mph on a max. By the way the sites mentioned in the other posts are the ones I am familiar with.
thanks...Mr. USA

I have not yet ridden a Busa. Still window shopping, saving up cash, etc. I know that the Busa far exceeds the Max in hp and torque, as well as power to weight. The only thing I'm not sure of is the off the line acceleration between the two (0-60, low speed roll ons, etc). Althought he Max is heavier and has less power, they have quite a bit of torque off the line. Hopefully someone who has ridden both can shed some light here.

I have not yet ridden a Busa. Still window shopping, saving up cash, etc. I know that the Busa far exceeds the Max in hp and torque, as well as power to weight. The only thing I'm not sure of is the off the line acceleration between the two (0-60, low speed roll ons, etc). Althought he Max is heavier and has less power, they have quite a bit of torque off the line. Hopefully someone who has ridden both can shed some light here.
Rode a Busa one Thursday night, traded my modded Max for a Busa the next day.

here's my comparison from the automotive world, I think it fits.

Z06, C5 Corvette = Busa

61 Pontiac super duty, fast in the 1/4, wallows through the corners & has poor brakes = Max

I had gold valve cartridge emulators & progressive front springs, fork brace, progressive rear shocks & springs. Still needed to buy wheels & radial tires & extended swing arm, really should have bought canister rear shocks. still needed solid motor mounts & frame bracing. Really needed inverted fork conversion & brake up grades.

About 7K more in upgrades & it still would not run with a Busa in the twisties or straight line or top end.

The Max was great fun but the Busa is better, by a bunch.

Back