Video of one of my rides

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Figured I would post up a video of one of my rides I did..

It was hwy 25 out of Hollister to 198 then east on 198 to Kings county

I was by myself

I dubbed in music.. the size of the file is around 500mb and it is about an hour and a half long (I think)

the first two songs is pretty much straights, then on the third song I hit some mild canyon roads...

sooo.. if you have nothing to do for a few hours and want a taste of one of my favorite roads, grab a beer or a soda and kick back and watch and listen

Oh, and the music playing, is pretty much the songs I listen to when I ride and have my IPOD on..

The video will automatically start after it buffers for a little bit.. if you dont want to watch it just press the stop button.

If my web site starts pumping out too much bytes I will probably have to disable the video, I only have 400,000mb's per month data transfer  lol

Per request, here is the playlist of songs in order

Sing - Travis
Clocks - Coldplay
Desert Rose - Sting
Beautiful Day - U2
Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
Save Tonight - Eagle-Eye Cherry
Radar Love - Golden earring
Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
Sweet Child of mine - Guns and Roses (GNR)
Battle of Evermore - Heart (the original was from Led Zepllin, I like this particular version better)
No Quarter - Led Zeplin

</param><embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://wchr.rbrooks.net/video/tfox_01.wmv" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150280464 -->

hey! post a playlist! its CUSTOMARY if your the DJ..

[btw: its cute that its in the web page]

I am enjoying that vid more than anyone ..... Cuz I'm not home to enjoy riding mine. Thanks thrasherfox.

Awesome!
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks everyone.. glad you all like it.. I thought it turned out well
biggrin.gif

driving me nuts not being able to go on any rides.... started driving the Busa back and forth to work so I can get some saddle time.

I am hoping in the next few weeks I will be able to go out on a ride. Until then just watching the video myself..
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150261612 -->

Daayyoomm...I think I'm going to try this....this road scene and the music is making me like a "Fantasy of a learning to fly..." of showing how to fly with hayabusas...
Man, show me how to do this...this is definetly next level of riding therapy...
All I do is, just get on the HWY, make sure theres no heat, and I just punch until I start to see everything become a slow motion...(if you know what I mean...
biggrin.gif
) but the way you ride? man theres some high quality spices on top...infact, I was gettin bore the heck out of just flying thru...
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150266181 -->

Yep... an IPOD with a riding playlist and an open road will make you feel better everytime
biggrin.gif

The more I watch and listen the video, it seems like the music just kind of fit real well with it...
smile.gif

Thanks again everyone for the props....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
bro...lets roll when ya get some time
biggrin.gif
The shed is almost finished, my only other hiccup is the IRS is auditing my 2003, 2004 and 2005 taxes on the 30th of this month.

If I can get my stuff together and ready before then lets hit it...

If not before then probably right after June 30th

Watching the video is making me want to do 25 and 198 again..

You could come down on a Thursday, I could take Friday off and we could hit 33 to 58, 58 all the way down to 101, 101 up to the 25, then take 25 to 198 and back.

Long ride but sure would be fun. maybe get everyone together....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ok, here is the play list.. I will also post it on the original post

Sing - Travis
Clocks - Coldplay
Desert Rose - Sting
Beautiful Day - U2
Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
Save Tonight - Eagle-Eye Cherry
Radar Love - Golden earring
Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
Sweet Child of mine - Guns and Roses (GNR)
Battle of Evermore - Heart (the original was from Led Zepllin, I like this particular version better)
No Quarter - Led Zeplin

That's a tight video Ron, how complicated was the setup for the recording the video? Were you using a bulletcam? Hey, let me know when you & Rich are rolling, I'd be down to roll on a Sat and Sun...

That's a tight video Ron, how complicated was the setup for the recording the video? Were you using a bulletcam? Hey, let me know when you & Rich are rolling, I'd be down to roll on a Sat and Sun...
This video was made when I had made a bracket that mounted to my left mirror.

In the picture below you will see the camera right above the left mirror.

I decided I didnt like it there because the lens was open to possible rock damage and bug splatters.

I made another mount that mounts to my gas tank, but because I have a smoke screen the video only looks good if I am heading INTO the sun, if the sun is over my shoulders it screws up the video so it can see through the tint..

Which is kind of why I havent had my video camera on the last few rides.... just felt like enjoying the ride and not messing with video taping it.

usually I only video tape when I am by myself, that way if there is problems of any kind I can just pull over and fix the problem and not worry about ruining other peoples rides..

I also have power running from the battery to a 115 coverter supplying constant power to the camera so I dont have to worry about the battery running out.

Actually I would like to get one of those flexible adapters that allows you to plug into the firewire port and run the camera feed into the nose. that would be my ultimate solution..

mirror_camera_mount.jpg

Back