Very important question about exhaust....

BusaN601

Registered
I have a 2006 Busa, The black and gray one. It hasnt gone through the break in yet. I wanted to know if there is any negative feedback about installing a full exhaust before break in? Or is it better to wait till after break in to install a full system? You r help is appreciated! Thanks!

i waited on my 05le cause i had the shop do my first initial check up so my warranty was not voided out then i just installed my system last weekend

Just ride the bike and break it in. Once you break you and the bike in, then make your mods. No mech. reason not to do it before break in, just makes better since after break in.

The only way it should matter is if you are going to pull it up on a dyno for a tune/mapping before reaching the breakin miles. If that's the case, the bike is revved to almost redline and not exactly Suzuki breakin procedure, beside that, I can see no ill effects from installing before.

I was told that if I did the mods before breakin checkup and anything was found wrong, I own it! 600 miles is nothing but a few decent weekends, Mine will be in the shop this Friday and Saturday I will install the RS-3 full system and PCIII..... I wanted just to be safe. not even sure if I was told the truth but why take a chance...
wink.gif

I added exhaust before I took it in for the first service . No comments were made from them except , "Dayum , that thing is loud!"
laugh.gif

I really don't think adding or not adding the exhaust will matter either way. The break-in period is really about getting the parts to sync well together (mating). This is were valves will seat themselves properly, etc. but most importantly the seals on the piston ring need to expand into the cylinder wall.

Wow, I sound like I know what I'm talking about. But I'm just quoting this guy, http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Break-in is a very very controversial subject and almost religious to real performance zealots. I've noticed that most of the performance zealots though, subscribe to the above theory in some form or another.

Thanks guys for all your input. I think I will wait until it is broke in and then add the full system. I will get it dynoed before and after installing of the exhaust. BTW, I will be going with the Ti-Force...I ran those on my R1 and I love the fit, finish and the sound.

Back