Venting

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well heres the scoop. My bike had a faulty valve cover gasket that began leaking a while back. I took it into the shop and patiently have waited 3 weeks to pick it up and they finally called yesterday and said it was done. I am so happy I can't stand it. I go and load it up and am bringing it home and when I look at the bedmat in my truck there is a little itty bitty spot of oil on it. I already begin to think uh oh! Well I realize that they had to reseal the valve cover so some old oil may have been running out from somewhere. I unload it and get down on the ground and look and there is a little fresh wet oil on the engine. Once again I am getting more and more worried. I wipe off what I see still thinking maybe its from the shop work. Well I get out on the bike and take it for a 20 minute spin to see how it does and when I get back from it there is wet new looking oil all over my header pipes, hoses, and some running down the engine itself and this morning there are 4 or 5 little drip spots on the floor! I am so pissed off. I waited 3 weeks for that to be fixed and now it looks worse than it did when I took it in. I have waisted so much summer time it's riculous and it looks like it will have to go right back in.

Dayaum... that sucks!! Did ya take it to the dealership... dealerships usually suck bad when it comes to servicing yer vehicle

Sue em bastids
guns.gif

take it back and tell them you will wait in the showroom for it to be repaired. Demand it be fixed on the spot.

They should repair that while you wait . I would talk to the service manager about your problem and make him aware that it wasnt repaired correct the first time
sad.gif

sorry to hear that aswell,in 3 weeks they coulda build the bike from scratch
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|paulos
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123591932 -->

Forget that, id just want my money back and id take it somewhere else.

Motorhead from SH.org is in Ohio, I hear nothing but good stuff about his work...hed prolly fix that for nearly nothing.

Frickin' shops!

Yeah, I work on bikes here and there. I know little about alot...YOU'RE HIRED!

I'd be havin' a stroke about now, dude. Good luck.
sad.gif

I called the service manager today. Yes it was a suzuki dealer that did the work. It was also covered under a suzuki warranty. He said to bring it back in and they would take care of it. he swears they ran the bike and did not see the oil before they called and told me to come get it but as much as I saw as soon as I pulled it off the trailer I find that hard to believe.

That is just wrong. They just pretty much half-ass it and handed over to ya three weeks later
rock.gif

I called the service manager today. Yes it was a suzuki dealer that did the work. It was also covered under a suzuki warranty. He said to bring it back in and they would take care of it. he swears they ran the bike and did not see the oil before they called and told me to come get it but as much as I saw as soon as I pulled it off the trailer I find that hard to believe.
About par for the course. Those guys at the dealer make crap $ and therefore you get crap service. I'm doing my own work from now on. No-one will take care of your bike like you will.

Suck situation. I'd take it back and have them fix it while I sat and waited. If they said they need it for a period of time, find another dealer authorized rep to work on it.

Back