Velocity Stage II turbo Fuel Filters?

Clueless

Registered
1zhelp.gif
what filter is everyone using for the Velocity Stage II kits?

Secret Squirel, I am going to install the fuel line springs tomorrow nite probably,  did that solve your fuel line kinking problems long term?  just wondering if it still is working for you?

looking at chaging the plastic filter and wondered what others are using particularly on Vel Stage II turbo kits?  what model and where to buy would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Still working great, never had a problem with it since fitting them. But do make sure you put a big radius on the feed pipe so the curve is as big as possible with the tank down.

I junked the cheapo Velocity filter arrangement and put the filter where it's supposed to be, AFTER the pump. This will cut down on cavitation issues. Just get a proper aly fuel injection filter for a car and mount it somewhere convenient, here's my set-up...

fuel3.jpg

While you're at it, mount the pump properly in insulated 'P' clips of the right size so the internals aren't deformed when you tighten up the clips it's supplied with
cussing.gif

fuel2.jpg

fuel1.jpg

<!--EDIT|Secret Squirrel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119267857 -->

dont you have to worry about junk getting INTO your fuel pump?  coming from the tank?  I know the main concern is blocked injector jets.  oh and thanks for the reply Squirrel.  

Glad you got the bike back up and running after the high speed run (was it last year)...

I am looking at using a perfect performance fuel filter... I think they are called PowerFlow Filters.  its good for like 150 GPM at 7 psi.  not sure how well at very low pressures like on the feed side of the pump. They filter down to 10 microns.

<!--EDIT|Clueless
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119312204 -->

Don't remember, year before last I think. I'm not worried about stuff getting in pre-pump, it would be caught by the main filter after, I can't imagine anything big enough getting in to actually block the pump. Since running it like this I have had no cavitation issues, was out yesterday on it in 90 degree temperatures and it didn't miss a beat. Temp never went past the third mark and it fuelled perfectly.

using one similar to the pic on my ghetto stage 1 bike.
cool.gif

Not sure, you just need to get ANY similar car fuel injection filter with the correct sized fittings (that's the hard bit), all of them will flow enough fuel. Just go to a good car place and see what they've got....

well ordered the PowerFlow inline filter for installation instead of the plastic filter.  just got it and its really nice and about the same length but the filter is a screen and so the fuel flows straight thru.

http://www.professional-products.com/images/fuel%20filters/10210.JPG

http://www.professional-products.com/fuelfilters.htm

its the second item on the page - performance filter ... the first one wasnt recommended by the mfg of the filters.  the second one flows 160 GPM at 7 psi.  filters down to 10 microns.  I orderd their 3/8 in fuel line adapters (10232) at the bottom of the webpage that screw onto each end.  about $18 for the filter and $7 for the adapters (I think).

<!--EDIT|Clueless
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120060798 -->

Back