Vanity Plate

I've never been in a state im aware of where an officer could write a citation third hand, but I understand where youre coming from.

The citizen can file the ticket here. Normally they are not so upset and wanting to sign when we inform them they, the citizen, have to show for court not the officer. Score one for public apathy. I know LEO's can relate.

I've never been in a state im aware of where an officer could write a citation third hand, but I understand where youre coming from.

No, I don't know where they can either.
Just saying that I've personally seen the cops roll up and say that they "heard" or where told that bikes were speeding, reckless, whatever, and personal plate number "x" was mentioned.
Trying to push for a confession.
I've seen it happen when the riders were guilty and innocent too, nothing ever came of them.
A friend had to go to court, his lawyer stopped the witness testifying against him when she said that she remembered his helmet...but had no idea what his bike looked like. Lawyer said, "So you can remember what an object as small as helmet looks like, but have no idea what something as big as bike does. Really?"
She had seen his tag in a group of bikes that were parked and blamed him as one speeding back and forth past her house. Which he really was innocent of.
Judge threw it out of court, but it still cost him a lawyer fee.
I never have a vanity tag for just such reasons. As drivers of fast cars or sportbikes we're already a target for those that hate us. I don't like to give them any help.:beerchug:

No, I don't know where they can either.
Just saying that I've personally seen the cops roll up and say that they "heard" or where told that bikes were speeding, reckless, whatever, and personal plate number "x" was mentioned.
Trying to push for a confession.
I've seen it happen when the riders were guilty and innocent too, nothing ever came of them.
A friend had to go to court, his lawyer stopped the witness testifying against him when she said that she remembered his helmet...but had no idea what his bike looked like. Lawyer said, "So you can remember what an object as small as helmet looks like, but have no idea what something as big as bike does. Really?"
She had seen his tag in a group of bikes that were parked and blamed him as one speeding back and forth past her house. Which he really was innocent of.
Judge threw it out of court, but it still cost him a lawyer fee.
I never have a vanity tag for just such reasons. As drivers of fast cars or sportbikes we're already a target for those that hate us. I don't like to give them any help.:beerchug:

Yep, thats why I said I know where youre coming from. Ive experienced all that first hand as well.

The citizen can file the ticket here. Normally they are not so upset and wanting to sign when we inform them they, the citizen, have to show for court not the officer. Score one for public apathy. I know LEO's can relate.

Thats insane, I can't believe they would allow a citizen to cite somebody with no equipment, training, or understanding of the law. Thats good at least they dont tie up a leo with court and make the citizen show.

Ya ive had em on all my street bikes, since 01, had a gix 6 a 2001 and never had any issues wit em, illegal wise:laugh: just drive really fast then no one can see it:laugh:

Back