Vanity Plate

Kangle

Registered
Wondering if anyone has a vanity plate and what it says if you do. I was considering getting one for the busa until I saw the lame rules which apply here in MA. Even though standard issue moto plates are six characters, you can only use a maximum of five on a vanity moto plate. And when you factor in the rest of the stupid rules it was hard coming up with anything even worth considering. And although "busa" appears available I was hoping for something a bit more clever than stating the obvious.

Vanity Plate Requirements - RMV

1. All vanity plates must start with at least two letters.
2. Passenger, Camper, Livery, Bus, and Commercial vanity plates may contain a maximum of six characters (letters or numbers) and a minimum of two characters. Vanity plates for antique vehicles may contain a maximum of four characters and a minimum of two characters. Motorcycle vanity plates may contain a maximum of five characters and a minimum of two characters.
3. Numbers cannot be used in the middle of a plate; they must come at the end. For example, AAA222 would be an acceptable Passenger vanity plate; AAA22A would not be acceptable. The first number used cannot be a "0."
4. The letters "I," "O," "Q," and "U" can ONLY be used as part of a word that is clearly defined and correctly spelled. For example, "LQQK" would not be an acceptable registration number because it is not a correctly spelled word.
5. No periods, spaces, or punctuation marks are allowed.
6. Letter and/or number combinations that convey an offensive message or appear to duplicate an existing registration plate are not permitted.

named her after Albert King's guitar :beerchug:

DSC_1130.jpg

Your :rulez: suck! Go into my pics on here in the gallery and you'll see that mine says "HIS TOI"

When are you gonna give me my plate back? I said you could barrow it for a pic, not keep it!!!

I was more concerned with posting that pic with the biggest chicken strips in the history of sportbikes... WOW!

Glad those are gone.. . :laugh:

I've had:
ONAQWST on my Venture during my wandering days
321CYAA on the Busa

...and of course this the last 15 years:

7997973383_c804b58239_b.jpg

Just know that vanity plates are easy to remember...and report. Even if you've done nothing wrong, "it was a sportbike, and the tag said ----- officer".
Their word vs. yours, but still a hassel. Make sure it's worth the risk to you before you get one.
Not that anyone here ever breaks the law:laugh:

Just know that vanity plates are easy to remember...and report. Even if you've done nothing wrong, "it was a sportbike, and the tag said ----- officer".
Their word vs. yours, but still a hassel. Make sure it's worth the risk to you before you get one.

I usually try to stay under the speed limit. I never pass anyone either. :rulez:

I've never been in a state im aware of where an officer could write a citation third hand, but I understand where youre coming from.

Back