Valve tick when super hot outside?

nfbzike

Registered
I started the bike up and let it idle for 2-3 minutes to get warmed up. Then i hopped on and took it up the street in 1st or 2nd gear very low in rpms (3-5k) and an audible valve type tick was heard. So i stopped at a light and revved it up slightly, Same thing. A definite valve type tick. It was 95 out today with fairly high humidity. not sure if that would play into the problem. So i rode it to my shop and revved it up a few more times, no strange sound. Then i rode the bike for about an hour and no sound. So i gave my buddy whos a suzuki tech a call and he said that busas are notoriously loud strange sounding bikes and that in this weather its not unusual to hear sounds you dont normally hear. My other buddy with a busa said his made the same sounds periodically. The bike has 2500 miles on it. Any input is greatly appreciated!!! thanks!

Mine makes more noise then an old sewing machine! But it keeps going, The cure is to rev it up to 8-9k rpm's then all the noise stops (and for me the voices too
SHOCKED.gif
)

I shouldnt be due for an oil change, i did it 300 miles ago. Im using amsoil synthetic 10-40 . Seemed to be good oil on my last bike.

Back