valve adjustments $$$$$

jamesnismo

Registered
getting some valve ticking and am looking to get my valves ckecked and possibly adjusted...... what should i expect to pay? and yes i know the busa inherantly has some valvetrain noise but this sounds a little abnormal....thanks james

how many miles u at when i was at 12 grand on my 03 busa when i needed a valve job they were talking around 500 bucks for the job so i traded it in and got a brand new 04 back in may

only 3k, valves started ticking bad about a week ago
That doesn't sound right, still in warranty?
rock.gif

Ride up to cleveland and let Motorhead listen to it.
I have done Busa fromm 99 till now and only seen 2 lose valves EVER

had a buddy of mine at local shop (dealership) take a look at it....... he says that everything is within spec.....(valves and cam tensioner) also notified suzuki about the problem. he claims it is fine. i think he is full of poop. although they did just have the ability to attempt to rape me for repairs, they didn't. i just don't think it is ok. it still sounds like crap at about 2-3k. what to do?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

had a buddy of mine at local shop (dealership) take a look at it....... he says that everything is within spec.....(valves and cam tensioner) also notified suzuki about the problem. he claims it is fine. i think he is full of poop. although they did just have the ability to attempt to  rape me for repairs, they didn't. i just don't think it is ok. it still sounds like crap at about 2-3k. what to do?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I think you failed 2-6th grade or you just haven't learn to read yet :roll:

rock.gif

Are you sure its your valves. It could be the flap in your airbox or the acutator if you had a airbox mod recently. I know mine makes some noise when it is cold.

i did read it, and i would take it up there but it was bad enough that i had to ride it 2 mile to the dealership...... i would hate to ride it 30 min up to cleveland. also, not that i would ever doubt motorhead, but if the dealership says there is nothing wrong.... and they have every oppurtunity to tell me that it will cost a gozillion dollars to fix the problem. they didn't charge me a dime for there diagnosis. kinda scary actually. that is what i meant by " what to do?"

that is why I would get it to a real tech. trailer it if you don't want to ride it.
The problem is that your rattle might be someone elses squeek. sounds and noises are tough.The reason I said Dennis is that he like I have heard the full range of sounds on a Busa. and could tell you right away what's up.
Don't make it hard on yourself be happy you have someone who is close

do as Johnny suggest. Take it to Motorhead, either trailer it or ride it, it wont hurt either way. Johnny knows his stuff, as well as Dennis. Dennis is the busa god in your neck of the woods, let him take a look and trust his words.

and by the way, I only paid 150 bucks to get mine adjusted.

Josh

SO Johnny,when are ya coming to hawaii so I have someone close? I haven't found a really good mechanic for bikes around here yet, Everytime I hear good news about someone, someone else comes talking smack about them. Only found one that actualyl has a busa of his own, but still not sure I trust him.

ok so the dealer looked at it aand said everything was within specs.... motorhead listened to it and said it was ok..... so basically my bike sounds like poop and i'm constantly pissed off about riding a bike that my friends who are riding next to me says" man that sounds terrible"...... i guess i'm fuc**d.

I have a new 'Busa too and it make lots of interesting noises...

I think it's partly because the fairing amplifies the engine noise and "beams" it at the rider. Personally I like the noises it makes - all that stuff thrashing around down there - makes it sound like it's doing stuff. Some modern bikes are so quiet it's like they have an electric motor.

I grew up riding/listening to old british singles and twins (BSA's, Triumphs, Nortons etc.) so I've heard all kinds of noises over the years. The 'Busa sounds pretty sorted to me in comparison.

I even like the "beam me up Scotty" noise the fuel pump makes when you turn the key....

Back