Vabusa and other female members... need your opinion/advice/help

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hey M. I'd like your opinion and advice and that of any other females you know,org members or not... show this to every girl you know.

I'm up for all kinds of input from girls from all walks of life.When I start a project you know I go at it FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Its my internet profile,bio whatever the fug you call it. Maybe ask your girl co-workers,whatever.

I'm getting lots of different "dates" and "offers" :whistle:

Anyway,it's me Da Rubb,so it is long-winded...:rofl:

Ladies: Your thoughts? Guys...go hump someone else's leg...I'm workin' here.

Man opinion=:crowbar:

My net profile:

My first hobby and love is motorcycling.There is nothing like the open road. I like to get out and do things but am also very comfortable at home in front of a movie,I even like romantic comedies LOL or better yet, a game of crib/scrabble/quiz type game/darts(have a board set up) or even just talking over your glass of wine and my glass of beer,whiskey or better yet,fine tequila..I've been told I am an exellent cook.I dont mind doing all the cooking and the dishes. I have travelled a bit,and hope to do more.I've hit Hawaii 3 times,Mexico twice,Las Vegas 3 times,3 weeks driving around California and been to England. Ireland is a place I would love to go next. Been told I'm loving,caring, handsome,nice,intelligent.Still good friends with all "The Ex's" but I would never let that interfere with any new relationship. I'm pretty down to earth,and honest. I have a son and a daughter,both are busy living their own lives. They are 25 and 21 respectively. I rarely see them which is a shame,but it seems everybody is busy these days. I'm financially secure,have my own little rented place,zero debt,not one penny owed to anyone,a car and a bike,so I won't be asking any future date/girlfriend for anything other than a little bit of their time here and there. I'm a fairly solid person,I have had the same employer for 30 years. I'm not pushy or clingy so you can expect to be treated like a queen and not like an' object.I am a bit old fashioned,I will open doors for you,help you with your coat,I will push your chair in at the restaurant. Unless you tell me not too.LOL. I can be a little over protective. I will call you when you are sick and bring you herbal tea or whatever you need.Heck,even tampons,.LOL. If someone were to insult you in public,I would always ask you first if its OK,before punching them in the face,so as not to embarrass you. LOL.I have a bit of a gruff exterior,tattoo's,shaved head,but have been told I have a big heart. This is my first time on a dating website ever. I'd also like to say,like alot of the ladies mention in their profiles,that I'm not here for hook-ups or one night stands. I'm really not.I truely am a gentleman.The way I see it is most of us are good looking,well groomed,clean,intelligent,good conversationalists,etc,etc...we could all "Get Laid" if we wanted to...just go to a bar or some other gathering.Easy right. I'm past that. I will not badger you for sex,say inappopriate things,or EVER make you feel uncomfortable,thats just not my style.Don't get me wrong,I'm a guy who really likes to make love WITH my lady, but not make love to her. If that makes sense.
I wish everyone happiness and success in this endevour to find love.

With that ^ I've included these pics...

Thanks, Da Rubb.

1p.jpg

2p.jpg

3p.jpg

4p.jpg

5p.jpg

6p.jpg

7p.jpg

Rubb,

I have been quiet on your latest posts because I wasn't sure how to be helpful. But you seem to be going in the right direction basically. What matters in life is what is next, mainly because what has happened is done. It's ok to look back, but not to try and relive there. We are all flawed people but what really matters is that our hearts are good and we keep trying to make good.

Now, I would like to date you :rofl:

Your profile is written from a guy's perspective (or more a guy trying to hide his guy-ness), or so says my wife who I had read it. Women generally like guys who are unaware of themselves (that means not talking about themselves). There are some scary things in there like "I'm protective". She says "when I look at his picture I know what kind of guy he is, so he needs to paint that image positively." She also said the comment about all women being beautiful comes off as desperate. She suggests keeping it to stuff he likes and be honest about what he is looking for.

Good luck Bro!

Rub i had my wife look at it and here is what she said

"Art why the hell are you advertising on dating sites!" Apparently you and i are so much alike she said without the pictures she would have thought of me! So now for her suggestions, which oddly makes me think i am messed up in some way shape or form, First she said remove the protective part. She also said women of this day and age arent in to gentleman much anymore. They want to be equal etc. Now that being said she stated woman want to feel safe just not overly safe. They like the unexpected but not to the point of being unpredictable and unreliable. Hell buddy i got no clue what that crap means? She also stated maybe you need to put more in about what you are looking for not as much about what you will do or be. If a women has really no clue what you are looking for she will be hesitant to respond. Include items like body type, skills, personality traits etc. If a woman feels she meets these she will be more likely to chat with you. If she hasnt really an idea what you are looking for she will not as she will be on edge.
But most importantly she said remove the stuff about exes. That is a conversation for a different time. Its great to mention your kids shows your a stable fam guy. But prob remove the part about not getting to see them a bunch that again is another conversation for another time.

Hey, what part of MEN, stay out, did you guys not understand?! I swear, men are allergic to reading :rofl:

Rub, I'm reading that and I'm being honest here, what I see in you is someone that's being incredibly honest about himself, and that's 1) refreshing, and 2) VERY rare...

I think I agree with Viper's wife on removing the "protective part" because it can come across as too strong in a way, however, I also kind of like knowing that you're being honest about the fact that you'll punch a guy out for the right reasons. I like that and sometimes a gal needs that! I get so sick of doing that myself, ya know? :whistle:

I completely disagree with removing the "being a gentleman" part...I LOVE that about Omar, and it's far too rare now. I'm fiercely independent, to a fault, but I love that he puts me first, opens the door for me, pulls out my chair. It means so much to know he thinks of me in those ways and it's not the norm, but it's so refreshing when I see it in others around us, and that's coming from a gal that does not ask for nor want help with squat - ask Omar, he'll tell you. I'm a PITA to live with, but I appreciate the gentleman that he is...

I would also remove the bit about the exes - that's talk for a future date, once you've both realized "Hey, this might work out", then see if it survives that talk :laugh: It takes a strong woman to be able to be around a guy's ex-anything, and if she can do it, that means a lot...

Hype up more about your kids, about how proud you are of them, like you were talking about your daughter the other day...not too much, but enough to show that they truly matter. And, you misspelled "truly" in your bio ;)

I like your profile pics too, except for the Hooters girls one :rofl: Might send the wrong impression, might get the right girl you want? I don't know :dunno: :D

I'm sad :down: I think I'm the only gal on here anymore *sniff*

Well, me and Bots..............

:rofl:

Rubb,

I have been quiet on your latest posts because I wasn't sure how to be helpful. But you seem to be going in the right direction basically. What matters in life is what is next, mainly because what has happened is done. It's ok to look back, but not to try and relive there. We are all flawed people but what really matters is that our hearts are good and we keep trying to make good.

Now, I would like to date you :rofl:

Your profile is written from a guy's perspective (or more a guy trying to hide his guy-ness), or so says my wife who I had read it. Women generally like guys who are unaware of themselves (that means not talking about themselves). There are some scary things in there like "I'm protective". She says "when I look at his picture I know what kind of guy he is, so he needs to paint that image positively." She also said the comment about all women being beautiful comes off as desperate. She suggests keeping it to stuff he likes and be honest about what he is looking for.

Good luck Bro!

Thanks Fallen,I will make those changes. Makes total sense. Thank your wife for me,and thank you.:bowdown:
Rubb.

Rub i had my wife look at it and here is what she said

"Art why the hell are you advertising on dating sites!" Apparently you and i are so much alike she said without the pictures she would have thought of me! So now for her suggestions, which oddly makes me think i am messed up in some way shape or form, First she said remove the protective part. She also said women of this day and age arent in to gentleman much anymore. They want to be equal etc. Now that being said she stated woman want to feel safe just not overly safe. They like the unexpected but not to the point of being unpredictable and unreliable. Hell buddy i got no clue what that crap means? She also stated maybe you need to put more in about what you are looking for not as much about what you will do or be. If a women has really no clue what you are looking for she will be hesitant to respond. Include items like body type, skills, personality traits etc. If a woman feels she meets these she will be more likely to chat with you. If she hasnt really an idea what you are looking for she will not as she will be on edge.
But most importantly she said remove the stuff about exes. That is a conversation for a different time. Its great to mention your kids shows your a stable fam guy. But prob remove the part about not getting to see them a bunch that again is another conversation for another time.

Awesome. Changes Done. Thanks to you and your wife.

Rubb.

Hey, what part of MEN, stay out, did you guys not understand?! I swear, men are allergic to reading :rofl:

Rub, I'm reading that and I'm being honest here, what I see in you is someone that's being incredibly honest about himself, and that's 1) refreshing, and 2) VERY rare...

I think I agree with Viper's wife on removing the "protective part" because it can come across as too strong in a way, however, I also kind of like knowing that you're being honest about the fact that you'll punch a guy out for the right reasons. I like that and sometimes a gal needs that! I get so sick of doing that myself, ya know? :whistle:

I completely disagree with removing the "being a gentleman" part...I LOVE that about Omar, and it's far too rare now. I'm fiercely independent, to a fault, but I love that he puts me first, opens the door for me, pulls out my chair. It means so much to know he thinks of me in those ways and it's not the norm, but it's so refreshing when I see it in others around us, and that's coming from a gal that does not ask for nor want help with squat - ask Omar, he'll tell you. I'm a PITA to live with, but I appreciate the gentleman that he is...

I would also remove the bit about the exes - that's talk for a future date, once you've both realized "Hey, this might work out", then see if it survives that talk :laugh: It takes a strong woman to be able to be around a guy's ex-anything, and if she can do it, that means a lot...

Hype up more about your kids, about how proud you are of them, like you were talking about your daughter the other day...not too much, but enough to show that they truly matter. And, you misspelled "truly" in your bio ;)

I like your profile pics too, except for the Hooters girls one :rofl: Might send the wrong impression, might get the right girl you want? I don't know :dunno: :D

Exellent advice as always. I gotta go re-do my deal.

Rubb.

The ORg ROCKS!!! Always good advice and support on any issue. I love this place and everybody on it. (don't get any idea's Bots,NOT that kind of love. :rofl:

When I whent back and read what I wrote,something I rarely do,:whistle: all of your suggestions made total sense. I guess I was trying to be to honest.I think I was just trying to prepare them for the stoopid stuff I do from time to time. I had a female passenger on back the other day(no,not a love interest) when I was passed at mach 5 IN MY LANE by some squid on a Duc or something. Well,Ol' Rubb loses it and proceeds to chase him down so I could go all ROAD-RAGE on his a$$. He got away because I would not ride as dangerous as he was (not with a passenger,I'll risk my life at the drop of a hat,but not someone else's). Anyway,that is unfortunately the type of behavior a new date might witness.:banghead: I have anger issues. Would I like to be able to change those behaviours...to tell you the truth. No. Not 98% of the time anyway. Sometimes some people just need a good beat down. I have calmed alot as I age,but there are somethings you just cant change. All kinds of messed up behaviors resulted from the brain injury in 2005 and I dont think its fair to anyone to keep those as hidden secrets. Before 2005 I was happy,now,not so much so. Before 2005 I worked out 2- 2/1/2 hours six days a week. Now,I'm completely outa shape. Before 2005...no booze,no drugs,no cigarettes. Now...ahhh well...:whistle: Just "little" things like that.:laugh:
It is,what it is. I've actually changed my thinking on this whole "Looking For A Forever" Girl. I might just be better off with some casual dating.

Anyway,2 more msg's this morning. Gonna pass on them. Going to include a bit more about what I'm looking for as suggested by you folks.

After all...the Busa does have a weight limit. :rofl:

RSD.

Back