Used the internet for leverage today @LBS

BusaReds

Registered
With the new 05 Gixxer 750 comin next week i wanted to fix my problem with my helmet.  When I bought my 04 Gixxer 1K last year I bought a Shoei RF1000  the silver/black Voltage model.  I bought it in a Med thinking it would loosen up.  Well it didnt!!!!  I had so many problems with the fit and the noise coming from behind my head was unbareable.  I always had to ride with ear plugs.  And at about 110mph the front of the helmet would push into my mouth...
Well I hussled the LBS "local bike shop" with internet prices and a lil bluffing and the no tax on the net issue and managed to buy two(a LG and an XL"for the wifee's hair") of the RF1000 Nerve models for 799.08 OTD including tax.  
What cha think???
Best I found on the net for the Shoei Nerve RF1000 was $407.99............ The LBS had them listed at 452.99 and me payin 399.54 each.

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110569475 -->

I think thats nice and I'm glad you got a good deal.  

That said, let me give you a little food for thought.  I check the internet for prices on everything - but before I buy, I give my LBS a shot at the business as well.  Nine times out of ten, my local guy can get me just as good a price as the web, and I don't have to pay shipping.

For example, look on the web and see what your best price on an EK ZVX530 chrome chain is  (120 links).  I'll bet you can't beat 103.50 delivered with a masterlink.  That's what my LBS charged me for mine.  Not to mention the fact that he offerred to lend me his chain tool so I could install it myself, even though he does all kinds of service work.  He charged me catalog price (less than most shops) for an Arai Astral-X, and threw in a helmet bag and an extra smoke visor - no shipping and $75 bux worth of freebies.  

He has taken care of me on several purchases.  He and his wife ride, they put on dinner rides, and impromptu rides as well.  (Hey, let's go ride after the store closes)

I do buy stuff elsewhere - like the HID group buy, and Icemanns yellow highbeam.  I put on some TL1000R pegs that I bought online as well, but I throw most of my business to the local guy who is bustin' his butt to make a living and provide a service to the local riding community.  

Like I said, you got a good deal, and I'm not trying to rag on you at all. In fact, if your LBS is a dealer, or someone you don't do business with on a regular basis, even better.  But try to find that local independent business and get to know them.  It can save you money in the long run.

And if anyone in the central Iowa area wants a referral to a great local shop, let me know!

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110571211 -->

If you had such a bad experience with the first 1000, why buy two more regardless of the price?
rock.gif

I bought the wrong size the first time thinking it would loosen up like some cheaper helmets.....
The Shoei's fit right from the beginning and stay like that but even better.
By getting the first to small my head wasnt gettin far enough into the helmet which created noise problems.
This helmet still being to small for me was one of the most areodynamic helmets I havd ever worn. The head buffeding was almost non existant......

So I bought two more, The Right Size This Time.....

Back